Solved

Cuba, Iran and some others do not appear

juslearnen
Excursionist
38 1 5

Hello everyone,

Finally, shippings are restarting to be regular and I want to set up my shipping zones and fees. I can't seem to find some countries to add to the zones, though, so I'm trying to understand how to do that.

The countries I can't find are Cuba, Iran, Syria and Cote D'Ivoir so far. I haven't finished yet, but I'm trying to understand if this is a limit that Shopify has (if so, why), or whether I'm searching the wrong names. I tried with Republic, Kingdom, and that kind of extra words, but to no avail.

Any help?
Thanks!

Accepted Solution (1)

Don
Shopify Staff
2762 199 388

This is an accepted solution.

Hi there @juslearnen!

Don here from Shopify.

Thanks for sharing your query with us here in the Shopify Community.

Shopify is unable to support business in certain areas due to legal restrictions.

Let us know if you have any other questions about how to use Shopify!

You mentioned you were setting up shipping zones, have you been selling already and you're looking to expand your market, or are you just setting things up, to begin with?

Have you thought about who your target audience is for your business or how you might reach them?

All the best!

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)

Don
Shopify Staff
2762 199 388

This is an accepted solution.

Hi there @juslearnen!

Don here from Shopify.

Thanks for sharing your query with us here in the Shopify Community.

Shopify is unable to support business in certain areas due to legal restrictions.

Let us know if you have any other questions about how to use Shopify!

You mentioned you were setting up shipping zones, have you been selling already and you're looking to expand your market, or are you just setting things up, to begin with?

Have you thought about who your target audience is for your business or how you might reach them?

All the best!

Regards,

Don

juslearnen
Excursionist
38 1 5

Hi Don,

Thanks for the reply.

I thought so. I'm guessing it's some sort of embargo that the US has towards those countries, I just didn't know it's required to act that way even when products are being shipped from, say, Japan, where I am.

Also, they are not specifically countries I'm targeting, neither ideally nor through advertising, but I was simply trying to add all countries I am allowed to ship to from Japan and they were on the list. Your answer helps in case I find more (I suppose business with Myanmar should also be restricted, too, but it isn't).

Thank you again.

Best

Don
Shopify Staff
2762 199 388

Hi again @juslearnen!

Don from Shopify once again.

You're very welcome!

Do let us know if there's anything else you need a hand with when you're setting up or selling here.

All the best!

Regards,

Don