We have a specific product that can't be solved to the UK because it's blocked at customs.
So right now, UK customers can add this product to their cart but once the package arrives at UK customs, the whole package is returned to us because of this single item.
I tried to create 2 different shipping profiles:
- One for all products that can be shipped to the UK (with all other shipping zones and shipping rates)
- One for all products that can't be shipped to the UK (with all other shipping zones and shipping rates)
This way, the specific item can't be shipped anymore to the UK... BUT the shipping fees are counted twice by anyone who adds this item in its basket (1x for this item, 1x for the other items). Clearly not the appropriate solution.
So now, I'm looking for a way to display a customized message on the check-out when this specific item is added to tell the customers to manually remove the item if it needs to be shipped to the UK. Is there a way to do that without an app?
Or is it possible to display this kind of message on the product page when people add the item to their cart?
Thanks for your help.
The problem can be solved in two ways.
1. The best way to hide those items can't be shipped in the UK.
2. The way you want to show msg to the user is to remove the item from the cart.
We can custom dev this in your theme. Let me know if you are willing to hire.
1. What do you mean by "hide the items that can't be shipped to the UK"? Users only put their shipping details during check out. Do we need an app for that?
2. Can we remove the item and display a message explain the reason? Can we do it ourselves?
I would suggest unpublishing the products that can't be sold to the UK: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/markets/publishing-products-with-markets
Then on your storefront, use a country selector so that customers browsing your storefront only see the products that are available to them. You can do this with a free app like Geolocation, or a paid app like ORBE.
Happy to help out with any additional questions you have, but you don't need to custom build this.
Make the shift from discounts to donations, and witness your business not only thrive fina...By Holly Dec 4, 2023
On our Shopify Expert Marketplace, you can find many trusted third party developers and fr...By Arno Nov 27, 2023
You've downloaded the Search & Discovery app from the Shopify App store, and as you're ...By Skye Nov 8, 2023