Solved

display sizing

Lenkajbc
Tourist
6 1 2

Hello, I don't know if anyone has addressed this, but we sell shoes, and I would like the EU sizing (35, 36, etc.) to automatically show for customers from Europe. Conversely, the US sizing (US 5.5, US 6, etc.) should appear for customers from the USA, and UK sizing (UK 3, UK 3.5, etc.) should be displayed for customers from the UK. Does anyone know what the solution might be? So far, I haven't been able to figure anything out. Thank you.

Accepted Solution (1)
Lenkajbc
Tourist
6 1 2

This is an accepted solution.

Thank you for resolving this, I have already tried it and it works. Would you have a solution for linking the individual color variants with a link when each color variant is a separate distinct product, so that color swatches are displayed in the product detail that would link them? Thank you.

View solution in original post

Replies 6 (6)

Olivia
Shopify Staff
1684 145 295

Hi, @Lenkajbc!

Thank you so much for reaching out to our network and sharing your questions with us.

Shopify does offer some very robust built-in features that can accommodate different product sizing based on customer location. In order to set something like this up, you will have to use a combination of Shopify Markets and our Translate and Adapt app.

Typically you might think you can only use the app for translating into a different language, however, since you can input your own translations I recommend using this to localize your content and offer different sizing options based on location.

This is a preferred approach to your solution because then you're able to localize your entire store to particular regions and offer a more custom experience to your users. Depending on your existing set-up and needs, you may even consider exploring pricing in local currencies. Make sure to check out the linked docs and let me know what you think.

If you have further questions I'd be glad to help!

Olivia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Lenkajbc
Tourist
6 1 2

Hello @Olivia,

thank you for getting back to me. That sounds like a great solution. Could you please specify how I can set up translations for sizes using Shopify Markets and Translate Adapt? I would very much like to try it.

Could you also please mention the robust built-in features that can customize different product sizes based on the customer's location? I'm just curious about this, as no one has yet been able to tell me that something like this exists.

Thank you and I look forward to your response.

Lenka 

Lenkajbc
Tourist
6 1 2

This is an accepted solution.

Thank you for resolving this, I have already tried it and it works. Would you have a solution for linking the individual color variants with a link when each color variant is a separate distinct product, so that color swatches are displayed in the product detail that would link them? Thank you.

Olivia
Shopify Staff
1684 145 295

Thanks for following up with me, @Lenkajbc!

I am so glad to hear that solution worked and you were able to review the documents to set this up as intended. We ask that all forum threads remain on topic to keep our community organized for future readers, so it's best to open a new thread for any new questions.

With that being said, some themes offer the solution to add color swatches within a product. However, it sounds as though you are looking to have that variant link to an entirely separate product? If that is the case, then I recommend consulting with our Experts as this will require a very custom solution. Once you open a new thread, some of our in-house developers or avid users may also be able to suggest a code solution.

Let me know if I've missed or misunderstood anything,

Lenkajbc
Tourist
6 1 2

Hi @Olivia,

I'm currently working with the translations as you recommended, but I've encountered a problem. Even when I translate individual sizes for products, for example, size 35 as UK 3, the size 35 still appears in the filter for the UK instead of UK 3. I thought it would be possible to translate the values of the filters as well, but I'm not sure where to do that yet. Can you advise me further, please?

Olivia
Shopify Staff
1684 145 295

Thanks for getting back to me, @Lenkajbc!

We'd be glad to take a deeper look at your set-up to see if we can offer some insight. As we are limited with being able to access your account through our public spaces, I invite you to connect with our Live Team directly. Please feel free to link our forum thread to the live agent so they have some context on the issue and solution.

We look forward to supporting you,