Exclude some Product Variants for specific countries

Matilda3
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi, 

I would need to exclude some products varients for specific countries, but I don't know how to. 

To give an example, I have a product which the supplier only delivered size S,M to the Uk but not size L (Framed Art). So in this case I would need  to offer all sizes in the EU but exclude the UK for size L. Is this possible? 

Thanks in advance for your help! 

Replies 19 (19)

SomeUsernameHe
Shopify Partner
475 53 95

To achieve this you would need to know what country people are viewing your site from. I do not believe there is a way to do this with native Shopify liquid code.

You should be able to either by IP or having the customer choose before the site loads. Once you do that, it should be relatively easy to enable or disable variations depending on location. 

Here is a discussion that dives into getting visitor location: https://community.shopify.com/c/shopify-design/how-detect-visitor-location/td-p/438958

Have I helped? Consider putting coffee in my mouth!
Buy Me a Coffee

coleatkinson
Shopify Staff
141 13 76

We are about to release this functionality natively: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/markets/publishing-products-with-markets

Cole | Product @Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Sam0v
Visitor
3 0 0

When you will release this functionality ?

I absolutely need it otherwise I will be forced to create my own site from scratch.

coleatkinson
Shopify Staff
141 13 76

We are in the process of rolling this out to all stores. If you would like to DM me with your store information I can give your store access now.

Cole | Product @Shopify 

Sam0v
Visitor
3 0 0

I've sent you a message

boracako
4 0 0

Hi,

I also need an access. Can you help me?

HopeBooks
Visitor
1 0 0

Sent you a message about this also!

Arjunsinh
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi Coleatkinson, Is this doable? I would like this feature for my website which is on Shopify. I have a list of products which I sell in Indian and US and surrounding markets. But, some variants are not available for US markets. So, hiding or disabling the page wont work for me. Can you please help me with this? I would appreciate if you can help me or guide me. Thanks in advance. 

FarmTools
Tourist
3 0 3

Please make this available to us as well.

Thank you

coleatkinson
Shopify Staff
141 13 76

This is now available to all shops in your admin.

Cole | Product @Shopify 

FarmTools
Tourist
3 0 3

I can only do it at the product level but not individual variants.

FarmTools
Tourist
3 0 3

In /settings/markets/choose a market to manage /products and pricing

The only choice is to include or exclude by product. There does not seem to be option to include or exclude specific variants.

coleatkinson
Shopify Staff
141 13 76

Sorry for any confusion here - that's correct, you can include or exclude products, but not individual variants.

Cole | Product @Shopify 

David_SS
Tourist
4 0 4

Are there plans to roll out variant level include/exclude? This would be very useful.

StuartM
Tourist
4 0 1

Any plans to expand this functionality to the variant level? - it's desperately needed!

drumyantseva
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi, I see "included" (currently full) and "excluded" (currently empty) lists of products in my markets, but somehow I don't have the checkboxes to include/exclude them. What do I do? Thanks.

austinh71
Visitor
1 0 0

So it's not available at a variant level then? The original post specifically asked about variant level, not product level.

dentheman
Visitor
2 0 0

I have finally found a way how to not show estimated taxes for US customers by making a non taxed variant (since I am based in europe this is a BIG issue), only to find out I can't exclude variants based on markets...

PLEASE fix this you are costing me clients and i don't want to move to the ridiculously priced Plus subscription!!

thinkhappygirl
Visitor
1 0 1

Can we use this with variants. For example, if the product is a book and the variants are ebooks/paperbacks/audio, can I block a market for only one format or do I need to have a separate product instead of variants?