How are you handling FDA Prior Notice for US food and beverage sales?

ryvolution
Tourist
7 0 3

Hi All,

About to launch my Mushroom Coffee brand! very exciting. I'm based in Canada and planning to sell primarily to the US. I just started to research the shipping requirements and noticed that ALL food and beverage products being sold into the US require a FDA Prior Notice to be submitted. To get a feel for how much work this is, I completed a test submission. While it's not extremely overbearing it did take about 10 mins to figure out how to complete the submission. I'm sure with time I could probably get one done in 5 mins, but I can easily see this process becoming cumbersome and productivity time suck. Curious how everyone else is dealing with this?

Stay Awesome
Reply 1 (1)

RudiGourmand
Visitor
2 0 1

We're also an international food seller. 

Our tech company affiliate built this app for exactly the problem you mention:  https://rudicoder.com/priornotify/ 

They have a Shopify integration.

The FDA prior notice process is complicated, and requires a lot of detailed information.  However, once you get your products set up, the app is easy to use.  And it's a lot better than doing everything manually in the FDA system!