Solved

Hello, I'm from Ukraine and I have a questions

Veshkovskaya
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello and thanks for your time!

I'm a handmade knitting designer I do things with my hands and I want to sell them here on Shopify. So I have a couple of questions before I will start trying that.

1. Is it possible at all? is it allowed to open a Spotify shop FROM UKRAINE??

2. Can I accept the payments? I have my Ukrainian dollar card also had a skrill account and Payoneer and so ... will be able to receive the money?

3. How it works? I open the shop I created a list of things that I'm selling someone bought it and I ship directly to them? is it correct? Simple as that?

Thanks for your answers!

Accepted Solution (1)
Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 977

This is an accepted solution.

@Veshkovskaya 

Great question. It would not be $30 + $9. The $9 "Lite" plan does not give you access to creating a website with Shopify. A website is required if you intend to use Facebook or Instagram which means you'll need to select the "Basic" plan ($30/month) or higher. 

I've included a few documents that can provide more detail below: 

It's important to note that the Instagram sales channel is not currently available to store owners in Ukraine. 

In terms of advertising, how you advertise will depend on where you expect to connect with your target audience (the customers that will likely purchase from you). You could consider creating a marketing strategy to better understand what type of marketing you can do when you're ready to launch your store. 

As for shipping, we do not impose restrictions on who you can sell to. If you wanted to offer your products globally then you can do so; however, you'll want to keep in mind that international shipping will cost more than domestic shipping. You can learn more about shipping and delivery through our help center here. 

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 977

@Veshkovskaya 

Welcome to the Community! Happy to help answer the questions you have. 

1. You're more than welcome to sell products from Ukraine. You can view a full list of payment providers for Ukraine here. You will need to reach out to one (or more) of these payment providers to create an account with them in order to accept payments in your Shopify store. You will be charged a transaction fee per order (0.5%-2% based on the plan you select), which is on top of the fee the payment provider will charge you for using their services. 
  2. You can accept payments. See my point above ^ - You can accept payments in your local currency. Skrill is an approved payment provider for Ukraine. 
  3. You're right - That is the general process. We do offer a wide variety of free courses here that will teach you how to set up your Shopify store. 

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Veshkovskaya
Visitor
2 0 0

First of all thanks for a such great answer, I will rate your help as highest as possible.

I have another question about payment the 30 USD is a basic plan for the shop and if I want my items to sell across Facebook, Instagram, etc I need to pay an additional fee and it cost 9 USD? Or I can just use 9? Or 30 USD is the minimum to run my store? and do I do an advertisement or when I set up my shop it goes all worldwide and selling? Like for example, I'm in Ukraine and someone bought from New Zealand is it possible or do you have country restrictions? Or it is doesn't matter? One more time thanks for your answer!

Thanks for you

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 977

This is an accepted solution.

@Veshkovskaya 

Great question. It would not be $30 + $9. The $9 "Lite" plan does not give you access to creating a website with Shopify. A website is required if you intend to use Facebook or Instagram which means you'll need to select the "Basic" plan ($30/month) or higher. 

I've included a few documents that can provide more detail below: 

It's important to note that the Instagram sales channel is not currently available to store owners in Ukraine. 

In terms of advertising, how you advertise will depend on where you expect to connect with your target audience (the customers that will likely purchase from you). You could consider creating a marketing strategy to better understand what type of marketing you can do when you're ready to launch your store. 

As for shipping, we do not impose restrictions on who you can sell to. If you wanted to offer your products globally then you can do so; however, you'll want to keep in mind that international shipping will cost more than domestic shipping. You can learn more about shipping and delivery through our help center here.