How can a person from Latin America receive payments online?

aglaim
Visitor
3 0 0

Hello, I´m from Argentina and I need to know how a person from latinamerica can receive payments. Because I can´t create a LLC in USA ,right now I´m trying to get a visa and I can´t receive payments or do anything that makes me look like I´m working here.

In Argentina if we receive dollars the goverment´s convertion makes my money worth a lot less. 

1 dolar is worth 200 pesos (if I have to pay) but when I receive is worth 100 pesos. 

Replies 3 (3)

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1025

Hi @aglaim,

Just to make sure I 100% understand what you mean. You're looking to stay in Argentina but get paid out in US dollars? 

If that is what you mean, it's very difficult to get paid or set up a gateway for a different country to where you are based. The reason being is that the gateway more than likely needs to see proof of residence or business in the country you're running your store for legal reasons. I know Shopify Payments needs a proof of business address so in this instance your best bet would be to see if one of the third-party gateways Shopify is partnered with in the US would allow this.

I hope this helps answer what you're looking for. Let me know if you have any other questions! 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

aglaim
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi, thanks for answering. 

nono, I´m currently in USA but I can´t get paid here because I´m argentinian and I´m trying to get a visa here, What I want is to sell in Europe or Usa. Where can I make an account for this, I don´t want it to be related with Argentina. 

maybe an option like stripe or payoneer something like that or an acount in Europe. 

Maybe someone can help me.

Thanks.

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1025

Hi @aglaim,

If you are based in the US then you could be eligible for Shopify Payments if you meet all the requirements. You can also find the bank account requirements for Shopify Payments here

Outside of Shopify Payments I would advise using one of the third-party gateways I linked above. But to do this you would need to be a legally registered company in the US as well as having an active bank account in the US. You can sell in Europe or somewhere else through the same store, you won't need a seperate account or store to do that. To do this though, you might need to wait until your visa arrives! I know that is not ideal or what you're looking to hear, but legally it would need to be that way. I would advise speaking to a lawyer to see if you can start something without a visa if it will take a while to arrive. 

It might be worth logging in here to speak to one of our advisors in real time to figure out the best next step for you. 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.