How can I sell in multi-currencies?

derylw
4 0 4
Hi guys!
I've created my first store selling in USD. Right now I want to attract international customers as well. So I'm planning for selling global.
I'm looking forward to setting up multiple currencies for my store but I'm little confused right now.
How to set up multiple currencies like USD, EU or other currency units? I want to change into the local currency of my store visitors.
Replies 3 (3)

Lana
Shopify Staff (Retired)
849 77 107

Hello @derylw!

This is Lana from Shopify. I see you're looking to start selling in multiple currencies so I wanted to help you out here.

It is important to note that selling in multiple currencies is only possible if your store is using the Shopify Payments gateway. If you are not currently using Shopify Payments, you can check this help doc here to see if your country is on the list of supported regions. In the case that it is supported, you can then take these steps to set it up.

Once you're all set up with Shopify Payments, the next step is to add the currencies that you would like to sell in. For this, you will need to follow these steps:

• Go to Settings > Payment and click Manage on the Shopify Payments section. 
  • Scroll down to the Countries/Regions section and click Add country/region - you can do this for all of the currency options that you want to offer.
  • The rounding rules and international pricing model that you can set will depend on the Shopify plan that you have, you can see in the table below what is available to you:

28-38-82561-30413

You will then need to look into adding a currency selector as most themes don't have them, and your customers need a way to be able to switch to their local currency on your store. For this I recommend you check out our Geolocation app, but you can also work with an Expert to get this custom coded for you.

You can review the steps that I outlined here as well as some additional info in our help doc on Selling in Multiple Currencies, but also feel free to ask me any questions here and I will be happy to help you out!

Thanks. -Lana

Lana | Social Care @ Shopify
-Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

mique
Tourist
5 0 0

@Lana But this is not possible if your country isn't on the Shopify payments list. What then?

Lana
Shopify Staff (Retired)
849 77 107

I see, it looks like this feature is not yet available for you. While you're not able to sell in multiple currencies at the moment as Shopify Payments is not available to you, I would recommend you keep an eye on our Changelog. That is where you will see an update on Shopify Payments if it becomes available in your region in future. 

If Shopify Payments becomes available for you, you will also be able to see that on our Payment Gateways page here, you will just have to select your region from the list below to view it!

Lana | Social Care @ Shopify
-Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog