How many shopify accounts do I need for two markets?

jalas
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello guys,

I have a question.

Say that I want to create a store that serves people in Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates.

The store will be in Arabic and English for both Markets.

So, how many Shopify do I need to create?

Two will be enough?

Replies 9 (9)

JHKCreate
Shopify Expert
3571 639 916

Hi @jalas,

Welcome to the Shopify Community!

For your use case, it is better to have separate stores so you can handle shipping, pricing and keep inventory well split between both countries.

You can complete work on one store, then create the other and export/import the theme to the other country's website. Keep in mind that Shopify has a 14-day trial before you start paying, should you need more time, as Shopify Partners we can create a Development Store for you don't have any time restriction for either shop. Seeing you have two languages, this might be helpful.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Did we solve your issue? Like & Mark As Solution to help the community
Should you need any direct help: contact@jhkcreate.com

Learn more about us: jhkcreate.com

chrisleonardo19
Tourist
4 0 1

For your utilization case, it is smarter to have separate stores so you can deal with delivery, valuing and keep stock very much split between the two nations.

Mr-Flo
Explorer
73 8 34

Best Way;

Split Stores, use an ERP Software to synchronize Stock. --> No overselling possible.

Ok Way,

use an app and translate it.

Or;

Change Platforms to a Shopsystem that can do all of it, or let it programmed for you (your Budget)

PeanutButter
Shopify Partner
385 67 181

I think other responders are assuming you will have different inventory/warehouses in the 2 markets.  Is this the case?

If it is not and you are going to fulfil orders from the same location, then 1 store is enough and you can translate it with an app like Langify

Peanut Butter Collective | Shopify Experts
- Was my reply helpful? Please Like and Accept Solution.
- Want to customize and improve your store? Hire us.
- Feel free to contact me us hello@peanutbutter.es
Mr-Flo
Explorer
73 8 34

@PeanutButter 

no its not ok....

You wrote the word: Translate. You will never ever rank on google with a translated one, because its translated not an actual page. That is why Shopify is ***** in reagrds to that. You need a differnt platform; Magento, Shopware etc. to do that. Its recommend on Shopify to set up multiple stores. and Sync it. 

All depends on Budget and Goal, if you plan Multi-Lingual I would move a way from shopify, if its just an "bonus" für customer Shopify is good. 

PeanutButter
Shopify Partner
385 67 181

Currently shopify allows having different versions of the same store, with their whole language translated, in different folders.  This means it allows having this structure like this:

mysite.com (english version)
mysite.com/fr (french version)
mysite.com/de (german version)

Each version would have server-side rendered content in the its language, even with good SEO practices like adding hreflang attributes in <head>

Only thing still pending for Shopify to fix is that URLs cannot be translated, which is not ideal for SEO

You wrote the word: Translate. You will never ever rank on google with a translated one, because its translated not an actual page. That is why Shopify is ***** in reagrds to that. You need a differnt platform; Magento, Shopware etc. to do that. Its recommend on Shopify to set up multiple stores. and Sync it. 

I don't think your assumption that a Shopify translated site will not rank in google has any base, and I do not know what "not an actual page" really means

Mr-Flo
Explorer
73 8 34

Hi, 

to my knowledge, if nothing changed so far...

You have your main page in example: Eng. and have the translation ready --> When the customer comes, it translates the page to the language: example: German. 

That what I was trying to tell you. You have 1 Page in 1 main language and "language" packages.

If you want to make it professionl; you set up a German, English, Spanish etc. page. and combine it (I think something like this is in Shopify Plus, or you pay 5x 29$ or so) --> Also recommanded by Shopify to do so. Because they know the downside of translation.

Also regarding the URL-> Also a big no-no.

It does somehow rank, dont get me wrong, but, its a not good method. It all depends, if you are a small business with sales under 100.000€ per month, who cares? Also If you set up real "stores" in local language you can easier target audience. Thats the issue, I tell you. You than have somehting like that. xyz.com/de / xyz.com / xyz.com/es (to my knowledge still pulling data from "main" page (english)) which is somehow good put not the best solution (OK solution). I know peaple who made a transition away from Shopify only because of that. On the other hand, I know a lot pf peaple moved to shopify because its simply, and they dont sell so much in differnt countries with differnt langues and are in need of differnt ladning pages and differnt ranking of products to get sales..... Anyhow, all depneds on Budget and what you want to do. 

PeanutButter
Shopify Partner
385 67 181

I am sorry to tell you @Mr-Flo but you are wrong.

Since shopify rolled out there translation API, apps are able to create truly multi-lingual websites.
Each subfolder from the domain loads a totally localized site (loaded server-site) with all the content in the wanted language. Apps like langify do this.

It is obvious that having different stores so you can adapt the content to different markets is a more flexible solution that can be interesting in some cases, but not in all, and that is another matter.

Mr-Flo
Explorer
73 8 34

@PeanutButter 

Since shopify rolled out there translation API, apps are able to create truly multi-lingual websites.
Each subfolder from the domain loads a totally localized site (loaded server-site) with all the content in the wanted language. Apps like langify do this.

--> Ok then they changed something (lately?) --> I will look into it more, because that will be a drastical change. And you can track and select each Language page indivudally and not getting search results of all languages? And Target and set "values" to each Language indivudal & unique from the main shop?

It is obvious that having different stores so you can adapt the content to different markets is a more flexible solution that can be interesting in some cases, but not in all, and that is another matter.

--> That is what I want trying telling you, it all depends on the needs of the owner. 

Anyhow, the questioner of the thread has to ask the question himself what he/she wants.