How to change the store currency?

markk298
Tourist
5 0 1

Hi, I'm selling worldwide and I would like to know the way to change the currency of my store to the local currency of the visitors. Thank you

Replies 2 (2)

Transcy
Shopify Partner
285 19 82

Hi @markk298 ! 

Since you want to change the currency of your store, Transcy app can support you on this. We're third-party app providing users with solution on language translation and currency converter for international selling purposes. 

Featured with currency converter, Transcy can set up to convert up to 167 currency units for your store. Furthermore, Transcy can even auto detect the location of your store visitors to display the friendly currency switcher. And you can freely customize the position of the switcher on your page using switcher customization

Transcy is now available in Shopify App Store with FREE Plan. Therefore, you can install our app for free to set up your store up to 167 currency units, no charge approved. 

For more information, visit Transcy in Shopify App Store HERE  

And please feel free to contact our team directly if you have any questions via email and live chat: 

- Email: support@fireapps.io 

- Live chat: Chat with Transcy team 

Best regards, 

Transcy Team 

Transcy - The #1 Translation and Currency Converter
- Was my answer helpful? Please hit Like or Mark it as solution!
- Get in touch with us: App Store | Blog

Lilith
Shopify Staff
603 73 185

Hi, @markk298!

My name is Lilith, I'm on the Social Care team at Shopify.

Depending on the payment provider you have enabled on your store there will be different ways to do this.

One of the popular options is to enable it on Shopify Payments if you're eligible to use that provider.

We have a guide here on how to activate multiple currencies in your store. This will allow you to choose how to convert the prices to local currency or to use the standard exchange rate.

Once you've enabled that and chosen the countries you want to provide local currencies to be either paid in or shown you can use the Geolocation app to have a message appear when the customer views the site. This message encourages them to switch the currency on the site to their specific local currency based on where they are.

On the other hand, if you're not able to use Shopify Payments to allow customers to pay in different currencies you can still use any of the 3rd-party apps in the app store here that let the customer switch the currency to the one they would like to see the prices in. There are many that are free and some that are paid on that list.

Those currency conversion apps will allow the customers to view the prices in those currencies, but they will still pay in the currency you have selected under your general settings

Let me know how you do with the information above! I'm happy to answer any questions you think of as you work on your business.

Lilith | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog