How to make store Bilingual without uploading translations in each language?

ansarsaeed
Tourist
17 0 0

Hi Everyone,

I am building a store and want to add the functionality of multiple languages e.g Spanish, Italian, French, German.

How can I achieve this without uploading the translation of content in each language? Is there any app available for this?

Thanks,

Ansar

Replies 8 (8)

alexeypleten
Shopify Partner
8 0 11

Hi Ansar,

We have a great solution for you - our translating app Langshop. If you have a Basic Shopify plan, you can add up to 5 target languages and one default language remained. Up to 20 target languages if you have a Plus Shopify plan. Besides multilingual options, we also provide multicurrency possibilities, automatic language and currency detecting by customers' country or browser language, and many more.

You can try it for free within 14 trial days in your live store or use it for free as long as you need during developed your store in a developing mode. To install the app, please go here: https://apps.shopify.com/langshop

Best wishes to you and your business

Alexey | Langshop team

midpush
Tourist
11 0 1

Hi there,

Adding translation content to your multilingual store helps a lot with SEO and Customer experience. But in Shopify plus you can add 20 languages at most, or add at most 5 languages with lower plans. Editing translation is not so difficult now. Some translate app offer automatic translate support. You can try Etranslate app, which can help adding translation easily. 

More detail: https://apps.shopify.com/localiser 

However, if you would like a quick solution, you can try Gtranslate app. The app will translate your store automatically, like Google translate extension. 

More detail: https://apps.shopify.com/multilingual-shop-by-gtranslate

Hope that helps.

Mr-Flo
Explorer
73 8 34

Trust me, if you want to do this right on Shopify: use 5x Shopify set each up as a local one( 1x German, 1x English, 1x Spanish, etc.)

Apps, I would not suggest, because you need to check with a lawyer if certain wording is right, in regards to the law. (German very strict, I tried some apps all wrong, Production description wrong)

If you need to rank, for example in German organically, you need to make a German store because Shopify translates it, it's not a german store... it's an English - translated store. (Google ranking sucks).

If you have the capital I would either do 5 stores in the domestic language or switch platforms.

Best

ansarsaeed
Tourist
17 0 0

Thanks for the tip. Did you set up this before?

How to set up these stores together under one brand?

Do I need to buy domains for all countries or what?

Ansar

Zohar_Simhi
5 0 0

how did you publish 5 stores with one domain?

sampymishra
Shopify Partner
296 10 35

Hi, 

If you want to have multiple countries and want to expand your customer base, you should adopt the Multi-currency and Multi-language feature for your feed to boost annual revenue. 

You can use apps like Langify as your language translator for your website.

This feature allows you to sell in different countries in their local currencies by automatically adjusting the local currency price using the customer's location. The Multi-language feature will exclusively showcase your products to different nationalities in the native language and other foreign languages in your Google Shopping Ads.

You can use the App for Google shopping feed by AdNabu. You can also schedule a demo if you want to see the usage and know any details you want. 

Hope this helps.

Sampy Mishra | Customer Success Manager @ AdNabu

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 

- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

- Try our Nabu for Google Shopping Feed from Shopify App Store. 

VitaF
Shopify Partner
159 2 28

Hello!

In case you are not able to find a translation app that works for you for some reasons mentioned above, I would suggest looking at some apps that let you translate certain parts of your content, which is of high importance to the customers.

Such things could be like your frequently asked questions section that can be created and translated easily with the HelpCenter app, or an order tracking app Trackr, which lets you translate the main tracking points in the language your customers best understand.

Helpcenterapp

katstein09
Tourist
4 0 0

Hi there! 

This article is about the best translation apps in Shopify: Top 5 best Shopify translation apps in 2021 

Since you want to apply multiple languages, you can check this, hope it helps!