Solved

I want to sell my products internationally by targeting mainly 3 countries

Deva001
Visitor
2 0 1

Hi 

I'm starting my Ecommerce business from India, but want to target to India, USA and Philippines so can anybody help me out with few doubts? 

1. My subscription plan is Basic Shopify, can i sell my products international with basic plan?
  2. I want to charge my products based on country currency which app best suits me with my plan and country based.
  3. Lets say if i charge 1500 Rupee for a product in India with Free Shipping and, in USA/ Philippines i want to charge the same product with the shipping added & make it Free shipping, does it possible to display for every country?  
  4. which Payment gateway best works with my site?
  5. can anyone suggest me some best Digital Marketing to pick. 

Accepted Solution (1)

Rein
Shopify Staff (Retired)
324 33 48

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Deva001,

Rein here from Shopify. Congratulations on taking your first steps into entrepreneurial journey. 

Happy to answer your questions here, no problem. 

1. My subscription plan is Basic Shopify, can i sell my products international with basic plan?

You can sell internationally on any plan you wish that is no problem. There are no geo-restrictions placed by Shopify. 

2. I want to charge my products based on country currency which app best suits me with my plan and country based.

It appears you are asking if you can offer different product catalogs to different audiences based on country. In this case you would be unable to offer it from one store. What we advise here here is to operate multiple stores for each region if the product catalogs differ not just in price from region to region. 

3. Lets say if i charge 1500 Rupee for a product in India with Free Shipping and, in USA/ Philippines i want to charge the same product with the shipping added & make it Free shipping, does it possible to display for every country? 

It is indeed possible to set Shipping prices at whatever rate you wish depending on the country as you have identified, however to set different product pricing you would need to use a third party app from our app store. For example, I have taken a look and Multi Country Pricing fits your needs.

4. Which Payment gateway best works with my site?

For Payment gateways it is entirely up to what you sell and what you are wanting to use. We have a list of all gateways available here.

5. Can anyone suggest me some best Digital Marketing to pick. 

Marketing is a must in any sales space, and as such you would be best positioned to craft a marketing plan around your stores products/services. You can see here we have highlighted several strategies and services you can use. 

In my experience social media is best leveraged to start with as it helps build brand identity around your store. 

Thanks, Rein

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 2 (2)

Rein
Shopify Staff (Retired)
324 33 48

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Deva001,

Rein here from Shopify. Congratulations on taking your first steps into entrepreneurial journey. 

Happy to answer your questions here, no problem. 

You can sell internationally on any plan you wish that is no problem. There are no geo-restrictions placed by Shopify. 

It appears you are asking if you can offer different product catalogs to different audiences based on country. In this case you would be unable to offer it from one store. What we advise here here is to operate multiple stores for each region if the product catalogs differ not just in price from region to region. 

It is indeed possible to set Shipping prices at whatever rate you wish depending on the country as you have identified, however to set different product pricing you would need to use a third party app from our app store. For example, I have taken a look and Multi Country Pricing fits your needs.

4. Which Payment gateway best works with my site?

For Payment gateways it is entirely up to what you sell and what you are wanting to use. We have a list of all gateways available here.

5. Can anyone suggest me some best Digital Marketing to pick. 

Marketing is a must in any sales space, and as such you would be best positioned to craft a marketing plan around your stores products/services. You can see here we have highlighted several strategies and services you can use. 

In my experience social media is best leveraged to start with as it helps build brand identity around your store. 

Thanks, Rein

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

Deva001
Visitor
2 0 1

Thanks @Rein