International and domestic markets

CalicoCat
Visitor
1 0 0

I've done a search through the community and couldn't find an answer to this, and maybe I'm being daft.

I sell physical products to the domestic market, only shipping in South Africa.

I sell digital products internationally, all in US$ - I'm currently using WooCommerce.  I have a contractual agreement with a company in US not to compete, so I have to sell my digital products at the same US$ as I sell with this company.

On WooCommerce I can set a US$ price and a ZAR price.  Shopify Payments is not available in South Africa so I have to add markets to sell internationally, but in ZAR with a % price increase.  This is not ideal, but I can live with it, except that it seems I cannot sell internationally unless I have shipping zones set up for the international market, which I don't ship to - physical products are only sold in South Africa.

I have to make a decision on Shopify or WooCommerce by tomorrow - my trial runs out, and I've not come across a simple answer.  I want to change from WooCommerce to Shopify because the technical headaches of 1000 digital products with downloads and images is bloating my site, making it very hard to manage.

Question:

1. Can I sell digital products to international markets, without a shipping zone?  I can't get past this problem with testing.

2.  Can I sell both digital products and physical products to domestic market (South Africa)?  It seems yes, but I lose the international market and I really need both.

I don't currently have tax implications on my Woo store with the payment gateways handling the taxes as relevant in the countries the purchase is made.  But, with Shopify it seems there is a tax implication that I need to set up on Shopify?  That's a whole new issue.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Replies 0 (0)