International markets & .com domain

Klipoorbellennl
Excursionist
26 0 4

Hi, 

Since I'd like to enter international markets, i bought a .com domain. Id like to make subfolders for each country and like to maintain my .nl domain for my Dutch market and maintain the authority. Now I installed all the market settings, however  I'm still trying to solve 2 problems: 

1. The market in the Netherlands should only be on the .nl domain (and not forwarded to the .com domain, since i don't want to loose my authority in the dutch market and on google). 

2. The foreign markets, so everything except the Netherlands, should be guided to .com domain with the appropriate subfolders for their language. 

Now i got this solution from Shopify, but i don't think this solves everything: 

After we looked into these details from our end, we can see here that the issue arise because of the current expectations around the implemented algorithm within the Markets domain/subdomain management API.

What our developer recommended and advise is that this can be altered and sent another query by adding specific codes  you can find from here: https://shopify.dev/api/admin-graphql/2022-07/objects/Market

Is there someone on this platform that has the right solution for me? Any extra guidance or tips would be amazing!

Thank you!

Replies 0 (0)