Solved

Can Shopify alert international customers about varying duty thresholds at checkout?

stdugg
Tourist
18 0 2

I am planning on offering my products internationally.  There are a few countries with a very low threshold where duties will be charged to my customers.  Is there a way to alert the customers in these countries about the threshold when they proceed to the check out process.  The threshold for these countries are different so I can not just put in 1 figure that would work for every potential buyer.  Any help is appreciated.  

Accepted Solution (1)

ShipAntdotcom
Pathfinder
168 6 16

This is an accepted solution.

Actually when we fulfill shopify orders for clients in the EU or Canada we declare less than 20 USD in the ePacket package, however, not every supplier will bear it in mind. So there are two suggestions for you.

The first one is to make note the customs tax policy and some terms in the foot as well as FAQ area, so that clients visit your store could know them once they paid attention.

The second one is to confirm with your supplier or order fulfillment agent about the package value to each country in the EU, make sure not exceed that value.

Via the two ways you can lower down the dispute rates caused by the custom tax. Of course, you can also offer some coupons once some clients complaint about the packages tax they paid, explain a little bit about the country customs policy and offer a coupon would be better for customer experience.

ShipAnt.com - Chinese dropshipping agent - reliable sourcing agent

View solution in original post

Replies 4 (4)

ShipAntdotcom
Pathfinder
168 6 16

This is an accepted solution.

Actually when we fulfill shopify orders for clients in the EU or Canada we declare less than 20 USD in the ePacket package, however, not every supplier will bear it in mind. So there are two suggestions for you.

The first one is to make note the customs tax policy and some terms in the foot as well as FAQ area, so that clients visit your store could know them once they paid attention.

The second one is to confirm with your supplier or order fulfillment agent about the package value to each country in the EU, make sure not exceed that value.

Via the two ways you can lower down the dispute rates caused by the custom tax. Of course, you can also offer some coupons once some clients complaint about the packages tax they paid, explain a little bit about the country customs policy and offer a coupon would be better for customer experience.

ShipAnt.com - Chinese dropshipping agent - reliable sourcing agent
geeksquadtech
Visitor
1 0 0

thats really a great idea . it can really help buyers to get some advantage over the product. we can use your both option depending upon our need and can offer best price in the market too for the product . its really worth sharing. you can also have a chek on Geek Squad support which provides technical support in USA and Uk and have the best agents who are experts in all sorts of technology.

stdugg
Tourist
18 0 2

Thank you.  I appreciate the advice.

opigez1358
Visitor
1 0 0

I am glad to see that you have already resolved the issue but with all the new automated technology in the international shipping industry, everything is being automated including the Customs. There are few platforms who calculate the freight charges and Customs  all together 

International Shipping rates are calculated from point A to point B when few details are provided.  I am currently working on building software to help the customs duty is calculated along with all other elements.   The international shipping is no longer the same as it used to be a few years ago and changes are drastic.