Language switcher to support selling internationally

mel88
Tourist
6 0 1

Hi, I'm looking to start selling into Europe and I'm looking for the tools which can support me in lingual issues. For example, if my customers come from France, I need a tool which can auto switch my store language into French for any French visitors. Where can I find tools like this? Thanks

Replies 5 (5)

Wiesen_Phan
Shopify Partner
63 6 14

As you're finding tools to support with lingual issues, Transcy is definitely the best choice. This third party app is featured with language translation and currency converter that you can use for global selling purposes.

Particularly, Transcy can auto detect the location of your store's visitors to display the friendly language and currency switcher to enhance the shopping experience. You can set up your store more than 100 languages and 167 currency units using Transcy. Moreover, Transcy can even translate the media content including banner, product images, image with text sections, etc. Then, you can manage all the translated content and edit manually in your way. 

Transcy is available with FREE plan, so you can take a try without being charged. Hope it can be helpful for you business. 

FireApps - Premium e-commerce solutions come together for your growth
Huj5
Visitor
3 0 0

Good day Zac,

I will like to have a lingual translators app,that can enable me translate  customers speaking Germany & other related languages.

Lilith
Shopify Staff
603 73 185

Hi, @mel88!

My name is Lilith, I'm on the Social Care team at Shopify.

This is a great question. Often merchants need to have their sites translated to allow customers in different regions to be able to navigate in their language.

We in fact have a great guide to set that up. The guide will also include some app suggestions if needed, as well as how to manage email notifications in different languages.

Keep in mind though that product URLs and tags to manage your products in the admin won't translate. However, those will have a very minimal impact on your customers.

Have you tried to use some of the steps in the guide linked above?

Since you're working on offering your products to Europe. Have you decided on how you want to bring traffic into your store from countries in the EU? If you're not too sure, we have a fantastic resource in our blogs that can help with setting everything up to sell internationally but also some marketing tips.

Remember that different countries will have different habits and cultural differences in the way that they purchase goods and services. What one location may value in a brand, maybe a bit different in another. So it's common to see different conversion rates for different countries. Will you be slowly introducing your offerings to one country at a time or are you wanting to drop in multiple countries at once?

Lilith | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Huj5
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi Lil,I'm quite new here don't really understand how to use Shopify.do I have my own url site link through shopify?if yes please can I know it,if no kindly give me a guide line on how to display my adverts to my locality & internationally.

I'm into perfumes energy card & pendant  and into real estate here in Nigeria.

Thanks

Lilith
Shopify Staff
603 73 185

Hi, @Huj5! Welcome to the platform. As a note, please remember to start your own topic in the Community if your question isn't related to the original post in the thread. Replying to a thread with a question not related to the thread will cause your post to get missed and you won't get many people seeing it.

That said, about your URL you can find that easily at the top of your browser when you're logged in. Just like this here:

24-32-2320-58401

The myshopify.com URL is a permanent URL that belongs to your account. It cannot be edited. This is a way for us to identify which store you're needing support for. Don't use it to send your customers to the store as it's not good business practice to not brand your business.

For your customers to find your store, I recommend using a custom domain. You can buy a domain that relates to your brand so that your customers can find your site with an appropriate domain for advertising. Having your own custom domain is important because this is part of your branding strategy. Having a brand is vital and essential. Having a consistent brand will help you build trust with your customers. You'll see better sales by making sure you have taken the time to plan your brand.

Because you're new, I also recommend taking a look at our initial setup checklist in the Help Center. You can work through each list item step by step to help build your business.

Lilith | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog