Multi-store translations on different domains

vlinas
Tourist
13 0 4

Hello,

I am working on a store and planning an expansion to different countries and will be having multi-store setup with each countries domain. We don't want to use an automatic translation apps and will be translating content manually.

What are the best ways to export current (EN) theme content with all its text, products, collections ,etc as I will need to send it to a translator and once translations are done I'll be uploading it to a store? are there any apps that exports all theme text, content in a spreadsheet?

Reply 1 (1)

Victor
Shopify Staff
2451 226 522

Hi @vlinas,

Thanks for reaching out. The text and prose for your theme is stored in your theme's language editor, where it can be edited and saved. There is an option to automatically translate your theme into a variety of different languages, but I understand that you may wish to hire a translator to ensure accuracy. There is not an option to export this data so it would not be possible to export it to a spreadsheet easily, and would likely require a lot of manual work to do so. It may be best for the translator to work directly within the language editor, which is easy to navigate and is broken down by sections. 

Victor | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog