We have a problem with warehouses in different countries:
- we use Shopify multiple locations feature,
- we also have geolocation app installed so we know what country our customer is located.. it will display our web site in their language and currency.
1) we have 3 warehouse locations: USA, Asia, and EU
2) We a) track inventory, and b) box is NOT checked to continue selling when out of stock
3) For example, if our Asia warehouse is out of something, we would like Shopify to show "out of stock" for orders shipping from Asia warehouse... but Shopify appears to allow item to be sold AND to go negative for that location. This does make sense to us...
I would think Shopify would: if box is NOT checked to continue selling when out of stock to
1) state product is "out of stock" for that location, or
2) have an option to ship from a different location, then that location inventory would be deducted (not deduct from a location that does not have inventory).
To us it does not make sense to have a) track inventory, and b) box is NOT checked to continue selling when out of stock, then allow inventory to go negative
Note 1: we do not want to "hide" product... we want out-of-stock product showing so customer can use "Notify Us When Available" feature. ("hide" feature may be an option for some stores, we just do not want to do it this way.)