How to pause orders for products made in China during Chinese New Year?

jroman
5 0 0

I recently had an order placed and then found out that the item is made in China and that from Jan 31 to Feb 19, the company has stopped fulfilling orders because of the Chinese New Year.  I use a drop shipper so I do not send the product myself.  I did write to the customer and offered a refund, but how can I pause products made in China so this does not continue to occur?

Reply 1 (1)

Elias
Shopify Staff
2805 274 490

Hey, @jroman.

This is Elias with Shopify Support. I'd be happy to lend a hand with this!

I understand you're looking to pause selling and temporarily hide certain products on your store. The easiest way to do this is by adjusting your product availability and taking the products off of your Online store (or any other sales channels you wish to stop selling on). By hiding them from the sales channels, you can easily unhide them after Feb. 19 and resume selling them. Though we don't have a guide on taking products off your sales channels, you can follow our guide on making products available for your sales channels and deselect the sales channels instead.  

If you have a large number of products to hide, you can use the Bulk editor to adjust the availability for multiple products. However, it's important to note you can only select up to 50 products per page. Once you've selected the products and entered the Bulk editor, you'll also need to add the product properties for the sales channels you'd like to edit. After the suppliers return to work, you can use the Bulk editor again to add the products back and continue selling them.

Let me know if this is what you're looking for?

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog