Solved

Questions about selling as foreinger

IllegalAilens
Tourist
3 0 0

Hi, I wanted to ask questions about some things. Apologizes if I ask dumb questions 

I live in Korea and I'm Korean as well

I wanted to know if I can be a seller in Shopify not drop shipping

Do I have to set up LLC? or anything like that? If so any tips or guidance on how I can do that.

Please let me know. Thank you. 

Accepted Solution (1)
Lana
Shopify Staff (Retired)
849 77 107

This is an accepted solution.

Sounds great! So are you perhaps interested to get started with dropshipping first since you're still having discussions with your manufacturer? If you are, you should check out our Shopify Compass Dropshipping Course that will help you learn more and get started as soon as possible.

Since you mentioned that you're interested in selling beauty products, I thought you should take a look at some of our Success Stories from other beauty oriented businesses for some inspiration! 

Lana | Social Care @ Shopify
-Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 4 (4)

Lana
Shopify Staff (Retired)
849 77 107

Hello @IllegalAilens!

I want to first of all confirm that you can indeed create an account and sell your own products with Shopify from South Korea - and you are not required to have an LLC or be a registered business.
Just for yourself, I would recommend you do some research locally to make sure you are aware of all rules and regulations around having an online business and running it in South Korea, but again, on the Shopify side of things you will be able to create an account with no issues.

To get started, you should first see our FAQ page that will help you learn more and get setup.
For selling from your region, it will also be beneficial for you to look into our list of supported payment gateways in South Korea (a way for you to process payments on your store).

Since you are only getting started, I would like to share another resource with you which is our Shopify Blog article on How to Start an Online Store - it is very step by step and will take you through the process of getting set up.

Lastly, you mentioned that you're not interested in dropshipping and you would instead like to sell your own products - could you tell me a little bit more about what you're looking to sell? I would be more than happy to offer any other tips or tricks I may have for you based on that.

If you have any other questions at all, feel free to reach back out to me here. 

Thanks! -Lana

IllegalAilens
Tourist
3 0 0

Yeah, I was thinking about selling some of the products from Aliexpress and things like that and I'm currently in discussion with one of the Korean manufacturer about selling their products as well. Just to give few details it will be small beauty products. 

Lana
Shopify Staff (Retired)
849 77 107

This is an accepted solution.

Sounds great! So are you perhaps interested to get started with dropshipping first since you're still having discussions with your manufacturer? If you are, you should check out our Shopify Compass Dropshipping Course that will help you learn more and get started as soon as possible.

Since you mentioned that you're interested in selling beauty products, I thought you should take a look at some of our Success Stories from other beauty oriented businesses for some inspiration! 

IllegalAilens
Tourist
3 0 0

@Lana thank you. This is very helpful.