Solved

Seeling on two different markets - with different currencies, prices, products

Wilczysko
4 0 0

I am setting up my Shopify store and I came across a question.

I want to sell in Germany and the UK. I want the German shop to use EUR as currency, the UK shop to use GBP as currency. Moreover, I want the products in both cases to be independently priced (not EUR price converted to GBP or the other way round).

Does this mean I have to start two Shopify shops? Or can this be done using one?

Accepted Solution (1)
Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1025

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Wilczysko,

It seems to be what you need. Only stores using Shopify Payments can use this feature and there are some other requirements which you can see here. It will enable you to set individual product prices and compare-at prices for each country or region that you have enabled in your Shopify Payments multiple currency settings. The prices are imported from a CSV file, which contains all of the details for some or all of your product line. You can read about it directly here. 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 6 (6)

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1025

Hi @Wilczysko,

Nick here from Shopify. Really good question!

If you need to be able to accept payment in different currencies you would definitely need to have multiple Shopify stores as you can only accept payment in one currency, the one where your store is registered and bank account is associated with. But if you only wanted to display multiple currencies on your storefront, then you might not need a second store. 

Shopify has a sell in multiple currencies feature, but only stores using Shopify Payments can use it. 

When you sell to multiple countries and regions, your customers can view prices in your store, pay for their orders at checkout, and receive refunds in their local currency. You can choose to have prices converted automatically using the current market exchange rate, or converted manually using an exchange rate that you choose.

You can see more about this from the help guide Shopify has about this here. But please note that there are some limitations also

There are also some currency converter apps in the Shopify App Store which you could explore. Let me know if you have any questions about anything! 

Thanks, Nick

Wilczysko
4 0 0

Thanks very much for your help Nick!

One more question. You said: "You can choose to have prices converted automatically using the current market exchange rate, or converted manually using an exchange rate that you choose."

Is setting separate prices for each currency possible?

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1025

Hi @Wilczysko,

Glad it helped!

That quote came from the help doc and specifically refers to setting the exchange rate manually and not the price. You can read more about this in the manual exchange rate conversion help guide here

Wilczysko
4 0 0

All is clear, thanks again!

Wilczysko
4 0 0

Nick, I need to keep asking here 🙂

What about this feature (available in Shopify Advanced and higher): https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/payments/shopify-payments/multi-currency/international-pricing

It says, that if I use Shopify Payments I can "Set product prices for a country or region". Isn't this what I am looking for?

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1025

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Wilczysko,

It seems to be what you need. Only stores using Shopify Payments can use this feature and there are some other requirements which you can see here. It will enable you to set individual product prices and compare-at prices for each country or region that you have enabled in your Shopify Payments multiple currency settings. The prices are imported from a CSV file, which contains all of the details for some or all of your product line. You can read about it directly here.