Selling Different Products in Different Countries?

Matt90210
Tourist
12 0 2

Hello everyone! I am internationalizing my store to sell in other countries, but I have a problem.

I have a different version of the product for each country, so I need the visitor from a certain country to only see its national version.

How can I provide a different catalog / collection for each country?

I thought about using variants, but the risk is that a user will see a product (in the home page or in the catalog) that is not relevant to him and then exit before looking for the appropriate variant selector.

How can I solve it?

Replies 8 (8)

Mac
Shopify Staff
1642 167 258

Hi, @Matt90210

Mac here from Shopify. Thanks for reaching out in our Community forums and sharing your concern. I’m happy to help out.

I understand that you would like to sell different product versions to multiple international markets by tailoring your shop’s layout for each country. You mentioned that using variants may cause confusion to the customer and I would have to agree with that. I took a look at our App Store and found an app called Advanced Store Localization which may offer the functionalities necessary for you to accomplish this. They allow you to set country specific products, pages and currencies through filtering customers by their IP Address. So, if you’re wanting a customer from a certain country to only be able to view the national version, you can do just that by selecting which products are displayed. If this interests you, feel free to check out their seven day free trial here, or browse our other Geolocation apps that offer similar functionalities. 

I’d love to know more about your business! What type of products are you selling? How are you planning to advertise them to different markets? 

Feel free to let me know if you have more questions!

Mac | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Shilpirana
Visitor
1 0 0

Did you find an answer.  I have the same query if u know, let me know too thanks

Mac
Shopify Staff
1642 167 258

Hey, @Shilpirana!

Mac here from Shopify! Thanks for joining in on the conversation. 

Have you had a chance to read over my previous response? I recommended an app called Advanced Store Localization as this allows you to filter products and collection based on specific regions or countries. Also, feel free to browse other geolocation apps available on our App Store that offer similar functionalities to target specific customers based on location.

I'd love to know your feedback and if any of these solutions work for you! 

Matt90210
Tourist
12 0 2

Hi Mac, thank you for your support.

I found the Geo Targetly apps too that can do a similar things. 

I'll try your suggested app and the Geo Targetly and I will find out which work better!

Mac
Shopify Staff
1642 167 258

Hey again, @Matt90210!

I’m happy to hear that you found a few different apps! I'd love to know your feedback on which of these solutions works best for you.

Have a great day!

Emine124
Visitor
1 0 0

Hey @Matt90210 I know this thread is a bit old but i wanted to ask which app was the best for this use?

Matt90210
Tourist
12 0 2

Unfortunetely I couldn't find a good app that do this.

I had to do multiple website, one for every country.

PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
6274 573 1319

@Emine124 It may be applicable to try to apply for early access to https://www.shopify.com/markets 

You can also do this with theme customizations typically based on the currency chosen, then an app/service to validate orders since you cannot modify checkout unless on a Plus enterprise plan.

There's also different categories of apps like locksmith https://apps.shopify.com/locksmith 

https://docs.uselocksmith.com/article/192-restricting-by-location 

Save time & money ,Ask Questions The Smart Way

Confused? Busy? Get the solution you need paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com

Problem Solved? ✔Accept and Like solutions to help future merchants

Answers powered by coffee Buy Paul a Coffee for more answers or donate to eff.org