Selling from the nearest Shopify POD supplier

TonyGammell
Tourist
7 0 4

Hi all,

Very new to Shopify and working on my store right now. I'm based in Ireland (Europe) and my customer base is mainly UK (not Europe) with other smaller customer bases in mainland Europe and Singapore/Malaysia. 

With Brexit complicating things, I am trying to fulfil all UK orders through a UK POD supplier and all European orders through a European POD supplier? Is there a setting that allows my store to fulfil from whichever area they are from automatically?

Thanks!

Replies 6 (6)

TonyGammell
Tourist
7 0 4

Would greatly appreciate any insight, even if it's to say it's not possible. 

Linguaeshop
Tourist
4 0 0

Not an answer to your question but I'd like to see if someone helps you, as I have the exact same questions.

I am based in The Netherlands and want to sell in EU, and in the UK but without the custom costs and nightmare. I also want to sell in the US, Australia and New Zealand, as there are many Dutch descendants there.

So far, I have not been able to get any help from Shopify experts, I've interviewed at least 6 to hire one of them (yes, I am ready to spend money on this) who basically told me I should consult a tax expert outside the platform, which is not really helpful, considering that Shopify is not every accountant speciality (my accountant had a look and told me she has no idea what to do here, while she is an excellent accountant I am working with for the past 5 years on a regular offline business).  

freya0328
Pathfinder
140 1 6

Have you solved this problem?

banned
TonyGammell
Tourist
7 0 4

No, no one has answered it

TonyGammell
Tourist
7 0 4

This there a way for someone from Shopify to address this?

Linguaeshop
Tourist
4 0 0

There seems to be no interest from Shopify in answering these questions.

It cannot be that all the Shopify members are Americans only, surely there are other countries, some even from Europe. 🤷‍♀️

Could we at least get a reaction? A pointer to theses basic questions?