Can I start an online business in Turkey using PayPal and Stripe?

noureddin1
4 0 0

Hello guys!

Please i have some questions and looking forward to get the right answers

First i am based in turkey and looking to start my shopify business but i am facing few problems which they are Paypal and Stripe

I have heard if i have LLC company in USA/UK through the company i can have my Paypal and Stripe account and start the business without having any troubles

Is that true? have anyone tried that? is there any people who is based in turkey and doing this business without having any troubles?

Many thanks

Replies 6 (6)

Lana
Shopify Staff (Retired)
849 77 108

Hello @noureddin1!

When it comes to payment gateways and what you can use, it will depend on the region that your store is based in. For example, the available gateways for Turkey are listed here.

I understand the specific gateways that you're looking for are not on that list, which is why you're considering changing it to have an LLC company either in the USA or the UK. The important thing to note here is that you must have an address there to be able to provide proof of either a physical or business presence in the country that you set your account to.

This is important because information can be requested by the gateway at any time, and if you fail to provide this, the gateway can be revoked, which would be an inconvenience to your business and customers as you would need to setup another gateway after this. 

I also wanted to ask you - have you already opened an account, or are you still doing some research? Just in case, before you start you should take a look at our FAQ page here to learn more and see how to get set up. 

Lana | Social Care @ Shopify
-Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

noureddin1
4 0 0

Hey Lana

First of all thank you for your quick reply and thank you for this information!

Actually about the payment methods in Turkey none of them it's possible to have easily so most of them you'd need to have a company in Turkey and having a company in Turkey its much more expensive than doing it in US/UK, also I'd like to let you know that my plan it's to be selling for the four big countries (US/UK/Canada/Australia)

So as I said having a company in Turkey it would be much more expensive for me so I'd like to consider having llc company in US or UK but there is many many people who they say that they can do it and actually don't know which one can do it properly so I'd like to ask if you have any partnerships with any site that can help having llc company in USA or UK.

No I didn't start yet I'm now collecting informations and in the research process cause I do want when I start this business start it properly without having any issues at all.

Many thanks

Looking forward to hear back from you 

noureddin1
4 0 0

Hey @Lanaam looking to hear back from you, Cause i still have no idea what i should do i want to start this business but i should know first how i can accept the payments so i need a serious help for that.

Also if you can put me in a contact with one of the people who is doing this business from turkey that would be also so great.

Many thanks

Lana
Shopify Staff (Retired)
849 77 108

I see! So if you do set up a company and a business presence in one of those countries, you will be able to use Shopify using that address, but before I would recommend you do some research locally to see if there are any regulations on this in Turkey.

I don't have any contact that I could share with you in terms of partnerships or other Turkish businesses, but a good place to start would be by investigating locally and that way you will get the most accurate information on this. 

noureddin1
4 0 0

Hey @Lana 

Thank you very much for your answer.

I have one more question,

If i set up a compny in the mentioned countries, Would i be able to set also Shopify Payments (Its also not allowed in turkey yet)

Best Regards

Lana
Shopify Staff (Retired)
849 77 108

So the answer is yes! If you do set up a company in that country and establish a business address there, you will be able to set that business address as your Shopify address in Settings > General and Shopify Payments will come up as an available gateway for you. This is the case for both the US and the UK as the gateway is supported in those regions. For other requirements to set it up, please see the requirements page here