Solved

Can the Shopify Pay Button on WIX Support Multiple Currencies and Regions?

SJWS2021
Visitor
2 0 0

Dear Community

We are looking to create one subscription service, for four regions, which we would then want to enable different currency options for customers to pay.  

Our current site is built using WIX, but we want to add the Shopify Pay Button.  If we were to add this button, would we be able to configure the button, so it can offer our preferred currency & price for each of the four regions we would like to set up? 

I believe it's £9.99 monthly to add this button onto WIX, but I want to understand whether by adding this button, do I also need to subscribe to one of the Shopify plans in order to benefit from what that plan offers?  Or would I need to create a site using the Shopify ecommerce platform?  

Also, when using the Shopify Pay Button & checkout option, can you confirm where the transaction data would reside for the payments?  I can't seem to find an easy answer to this question and how we overcome this challenge.  Anyone who can advise it would be much appreciated.  

KR

Steve

Accepted Solution (1)

Olivia
Shopify Staff
1695 146 302

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @SJWS2021!

Welcome to Shopify Community. My name is Olivia and I work here.

Thank you for sharing your question with our network. To dive right in, the Shopify Lite plan ($9 USD/month) is not compatible with the Shopify Payment's feature of selling in multiple currencies. 

If you choose to move forward with this method, then you can definitely sell in one primary currency through a buy button on your Wix website.

Buy Buttons help you add your products to your external website and blog posts. They also make purchasing the products easier for customers by removing the need to go to a separate page to finalize their order.

Since payments would be ultimately transacted through the Shopify checkout, transaction information would be available in your Shopify Admin. 

Please let me know if this helps answer your question or if anything else comes up.

Warm regards,

Olivia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)

Olivia
Shopify Staff
1695 146 302

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @SJWS2021!

Welcome to Shopify Community. My name is Olivia and I work here.

Thank you for sharing your question with our network. To dive right in, the Shopify Lite plan ($9 USD/month) is not compatible with the Shopify Payment's feature of selling in multiple currencies. 

If you choose to move forward with this method, then you can definitely sell in one primary currency through a buy button on your Wix website.

Buy Buttons help you add your products to your external website and blog posts. They also make purchasing the products easier for customers by removing the need to go to a separate page to finalize their order.

Since payments would be ultimately transacted through the Shopify checkout, transaction information would be available in your Shopify Admin. 

Please let me know if this helps answer your question or if anything else comes up.

Warm regards,

SJWS2021
Visitor
2 0 0

Thank you.

Olivia
Shopify Staff
1695 146 302

You're very welcome, @SJWS2021!

Let me know which option you decide to go with, and if further questions come up.

Warm regards,