Solved

Shopify payments from two different countries

Stief96
Excursionist
14 1 4

Hello, I opened a business with my partner and he lives in UK and I live in Romania. My question is, can we accept shopify payments through his bank card?
Can I also log in in shopify to see the business stats, as I heard you are only allowed to login in shopify with the same ip address as the country of the accont.

Thanks!

Accepted Solution (1)
Victor
Shopify Staff
2451 226 522

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Stief96,

If you plan to use a Transferwise account, this likely will not suffice—we require a full checking out from a UK-based banking institution that has a physical presence in the country (e.g. Barclays, HSBC, Lloyds, etc). This is if you wish to use Shopify Payments as your primary payment gateway.

If you are using Shopify Payments and are in the UK, you will be paid out your funds in GBP, but you can still allow your customers to pay for your products in USD. You can read more about selling and getting paid in different currencies here.

In terms of you both being in Romania at the same time, this will not be a problem. You can access the store from different countries and locations.

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

Victor | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 4 (4)

Victor
Shopify Staff
2451 226 522

Hi @Stief96,

Thank you for reaching out. If you wish to use Shopify Payments in the UK, you will need to be able to provide a UK address and connect a full checking account opened with a British banking institution. Your partner will likely be able to provide this if he is based in the UK. Do you intend to operate the business out of the UK and sell in GBP?

If your partner is based in the UK and you are Romania, this is no problem in terms of accessing the store—you can both have separate staff accounts on the store and log in from your respective locations. We do not restrict merchant staff members from accessing the store from different countries or locations.

Kind regards,

Stief96
Excursionist
14 1 4

Yes, my partner has phisical address where he lives, and also a bank account to a bank located in the UK. Transferwise, so you;re saying it will be all right for both of us to work together, and he will be the one accepting payments with his bank card.

Also we're gonna sell only to us, so the store currency will be in USD

@Victor 

Stief96
Excursionist
14 1 4

Also if he comes to romania in holiday seasson will that create some problems if both of us access the store from the same location?

Thank you @Victor 

Victor
Shopify Staff
2451 226 522

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Stief96,

If you plan to use a Transferwise account, this likely will not suffice—we require a full checking out from a UK-based banking institution that has a physical presence in the country (e.g. Barclays, HSBC, Lloyds, etc). This is if you wish to use Shopify Payments as your primary payment gateway.

If you are using Shopify Payments and are in the UK, you will be paid out your funds in GBP, but you can still allow your customers to pay for your products in USD. You can read more about selling and getting paid in different currencies here.

In terms of you both being in Romania at the same time, this will not be a problem. You can access the store from different countries and locations.

Kind regards,