SHOPIFY PAYMENTS REQUIREMENTS - BANKS

felines
Visitor
2 0 1

Have just started my Shopify Store. I am getting error in Completing Shopify Payments Setup. Here's my questions?

1.  I am based in the Philippines, my target are both the Philippines and U.S. markets. Can I use my Banks in the

Philippines to accept payments from both Philippines and U.S. buyers?

2.  If yes, do I need to use a Third-party Payments Gateway to be able to handle both markets payments?

3.  What is the best solution that you can recommend to solve the above questions?

Replies 3 (3)

Victor
Shopify Staff
2449 226 522

Hi @felines,

If you are based in the Philippines it is unlikely you would be able to activate an account with Shopify Payments, as the gateway is not currently available in this country. Merchants who use Shopify Payments in countries where it is currently available must meet certain criteria, such as having residency and a valid bank account in the country in question, and may be asked to provide evidence of this. You should look into the gateways made available to merchants in the Philippines and confirm with them that they can process sales from US-based customers if that is a market you intend to sell into.

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

Victor | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

felines
Visitor
2 0 1

You are right, I got errors in my attempt to register in the Shopify Payments. So Third-party Gateway is the way to go in our case. Great, thanks so much for your quick response to my questions. Cheers...

Victor
Shopify Staff
2449 226 522

Hi @felines,

No problem at all, and I'm glad I could help. You can view the list of gateways available to you in the link I shared, and look into which ones will be best for you and your business. I'd recommend reaching out to any gateways you're interested in using and asking them to confirm that they allow transactions to be processed from US-based customers.

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

Victor | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog