Struggling with translations and multiple currencies

DanSrokosz
Visitor
3 0 0

Hello everyone,

I'm struggling with translations and currencies on a Shopify site I've built (in the UK) for a client (in Turkey).

I originally input all text for the site in English and then had the client send translations, which I input into a CSV and uploaded. All was good until the client asked for the store to be Turkish first, with English in the dropdown. I can't seem to work out how to do this as English always shows first, no matter where in the world you're viewing from. Will this change when the site is launched (as geolocation app is installed)?

I did change the store's language to Turkish and added English as a published language but the only thing that happened was that everything on the site got translated into English (even when Turkish was selected).

I have now added a language app (ETranslate) and the Geolocation app. This has now sorted the multilingual problem (both English and Turkish are available from the dropdown) but the problem is that English is still displaying first—even when viewing the site from a computer in Turkey!

I've also now set the stores location to Turkey—something I hadn't done before I made all the language changes.

One trick that I know of is that if I add /tr to the end of the URL, it then automatically translates everything to Turkish. Is it worth me setting the website address as www.beynlab.com/tr and have www.beynlab.com point to it?

Also, is using a CSV the best method or should I be using a third-party translation app?

Regarding currency, I'm currently inputting everything in Turkish lira but how do I make sure that translates to GBP when viewing in the UK?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Dan

Replies 0 (0)