There was a problem loading this website

sam156
Shopify Partner
2 0 1

Home page not showing any content 

Error  showing like below

There was a problem loading this website

Try refreshing the page.

If the site still doesn't load, please try again in a few minutes.

Accepted Solution (1)

TyW
Community Manager
451 63 1206

This is an accepted solution.

This topic has been locked due to age. 

For assistance in future please post a new topic as well as reviewing shopifystatus.com

TyW | Online Community Manager @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 18 (18)

Rick
Shopify Staff
946 88 146

Hi there @sam156 

I understand your store homepage is failing to load content, and is showing an error of 'There was a problem loading this website'. That is certainly not an ideal situation, so I'd be happy to work through this with you.

Can you confirm if this is happening with the default myshopify.com domain, or have you added a custom domain to your store? Have you made any recent changes to your domain setup, such as DNS edits? If you are comfortable to do so, feel free to share your store URL here and I will check it from my side too.

Is this happening for everyone who accesses your store, or just certain customers? This information would help figure out if the issue is localized or more widespread. It would be worth trying some local troubleshooting steps, to see if that helps to fix this issue for you:

Let me know if the above information helps to rectify this. I look forward to hearing your results! 

Rick | Shopify 

Gendome
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi Rick

My shop had occurred this problem also.

Today, we made localization deployment for theme development. At that time, we frequently debugged and used preview pages. Then the system reported that domain name redirection was too frequent.

My offician website: https://www.gendome.com

I hope you can find a solution for us.

Rick
Shopify Staff
946 88 146

Hi @Gendome 

Thank you for reaching out to let me know, and welcome to the Shopify Community.

From what you have described, it sounds like you have noticed an error with your store loading after carrying out some theme changes - is that correct?

I tried accessing the URL you provided of https://www.gendome.com and it appears to be loading perfectly fine for me. I can navigate around your store, and I am not noticing any errors or browser issues.

When did you add this domain to your store? Also, is it a third party domain or a Shopify bought domain? Any extra information you can provide will be helpful for troubleshooting this, as I am unable to access any of your account information here on the Shopify Community.

I did have a look at the DNS records for this domain, and as you can see here the A Record looks correct, however if you look here you will see that the CNAME is currently set to gendome-gotion.myshopify.com, which is technically incorrect. This CNAME should be set to shops.myshopify.com and have a www name added to it. We have more information about this here.

If you do believe that your domain issues started when you made changes to your theme, then you can test this out by installing a fresh copy of a Shopify made theme, and seeing if the store behaves normally. If the issue is not present on the clean install of a Shopify theme, then the issue is likely with the theme changes you have made. 

Rick | Shopify 

FernandoDel
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi Rick! I just found this discussion because I'm having the same problem. I went to the local troubleshooting steps you mentioned and found out that the site is not loading on wifi no matter the device I use. But it is loading when I use cellular data. Do you know how can I fix this issue?

Mu store URL is: https://youmatter.mx/

Rick
Shopify Staff
946 88 146

Hey @FernandoDel 

Thanks for reaching out to let us know you are experiencing the same issue. Are you noticing the exact same 'There Was A Problem Loading This Website' error message? If so, is it on your store homepage, or on a specific section such as the checkout?

I understand that you have gone through the local troubleshooting steps I previously provided, and have noticed that your store is loading OK on mobile data, but not when you are connected to Wi-Fi. That certainly sounds like an interesting situation. I tried accessing the store URL that you provided, and it appears to be working perfectly for me - it is loading fine and I can browse your store etc.

From what you have described, it sounds like the issue is likely to be with your actual Wi-Fi or device setup itself. Are you experiencing this issue on any other websites, or is it just your Shopify store that fails to load? Also, do you have any other Wi-Fi networks that you can connect to, just to test if they work OK?

Here's a few troubleshooting suggestions that I would recommend trying out:

• Restart your Wi-Fi router - it's often easiest to simply unplug the power, wait approx 30 seconds and then plug it back in.
  • Make sure the operating system/firmware on the device that you are using to connect to your Wi-Fi network is up to date.
  • Make sure the browser you are using is also up to date. Shopify supports the latest two versions of all major browsers. For best results we recommend accessing Shopify using the latest version of Google Chrome.
  • If you have a virtual private network (VPN) enabled, then consider disabling it temporarily and testing your store again.
  • Consider contacting your internet service provider (ISP) to inquire about what might be happening here - they should be able to advise as to why a specific website might not be loading OK on your home network.

Rick | Shopify 

BiteApps
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Hey @Rick ,
I guess this is a global issue for stores and mostly those stores that have old themes.
and due to speed issues, it's showing this error.
I am also showing this same error in one of the stores on the account page and this is also happening from the customer's side as well.

Rick
Shopify Staff
946 88 146

Hi @BiteApps 

Thanks for joining in here, and welcome to the Shopify Community.

That is an interesting theory, however we haven't had any reports of this error being widespread on the platform and there are no current issues or outages as you can see on our www.shopifystatus.com website.

What theme are you using on your store that is experiencing this error? Also, have you made any code changes or installed/uninstalled any apps recently that might explain the error? 

As @FernandoDel noticed, this error is only happening for them when using Wi-Fi, and not on mobile data. This would suggest that the issue is related to their network/domain setup or perhaps their internet service provider.

Can you confirm that you have tried my troubleshooting steps explained above, and you are still experiencing this issue? I would be interested to know where you and your customer are located, and if you have tried using mobile data instead of Wi-Fi? Feel free to share your store URL here and I can test this on my side and also take a closer look at your domain setup to see if there's any issues with that.

One other thing you can try, is to install a fresh, unmodified version of a free Shopify theme and publish that to your store temporarily. If the issue with your account page goes away after doing that, then it's likely that your current theme has issues within its code. Feel free to try that as well as my previous troubleshooting information, and then let me know how it goes?

Rick | Shopify 

Rafael03
Visitor
3 0 0

I have the same problem, every time I access the site on my devices and on other devices the following error appears "Error There was a problem loading this website", this ended up affecting my billing, I have not sold for 3 days due to this error that affects customers as well. I would like an URGENT return as soon as possible.
URL: beshopbr.store

My domain is from third-party sites like GoDaddy.

yash2305
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello on my website https://doeraa.com we're facing the same error and product page is unable to load and is showing this error. 

Denise28
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi @YashG , I'm having the issue now. Did you find a solution on this issue earlier?  Thank you!

Abbie1980
Excursionist
12 0 7

Hi Sam156,

Did you ever find a solution to this?  My site works on wifi but will not load on cellular data.  It is very strange.  Wondering what I can do...Same note "There was a problem loading this website.  

Try refreshing the page.

If the site still doesn't load, please try again in a few minutes.

bdeaw
Shopify Partner
59 1 55

I'm having this issue right now. 

Rick
Shopify Staff
946 88 146

Hi @bdeaw 

Thanks for reaching out here.

Would it be possible to provide some more context on what is happening with your store? Are you seeing the exact same error message as @sam156? Have you added a custom domain or changed anything with the domain DNS recently perhaps? I am also curious to know if this is happening only sometimes or constantly?

If you are comfortable doing so, feel free to share the store URL here and I can check to see if I am seeing the same behavior. I can also double check the DNS records to make sure all looks OK there.

I posted some local troubleshooting steps in my previous reply, I would recommend going through those and letting me know how you get on.

Rick | Shopify 

Narutakii
Visitor
3 0 0

hi rick we encounter a loading page error to our website. www.tinytokyotoys.com

we check to the web browser is working 100% but if you use a mobile web browser device to enter the website we encounter an error "there was a problem loading this website" while using mobile device we ask our friend to check on there end same error and some customer encounter using web browser mobile device same error. but if you use laptop or pc device the website is working fine and no error and such.

Here the screen shot of the error using mobile web browser and the pc browser website is working on pc but in phone laptops and tablet is not working

Screenshot_20230830-170135.pngIMG_8294.jpg333.png

Brian_S
Shopify Partner
153 19 39

Fix for me was to clear my cache, local storage and session storage for http://127.0.0.1:9292/

Brian Singer
CTO & Cofounder of Subscription Service - Awtomic
Rick
Shopify Staff
946 88 146

Hey @Narutakii 

Thanks for joining in here. Welcome to the Shopify Community.

I understand that you are experiencing some issues with your store, specifically when trying to access it on a mobile device - I would be happy to help you troubleshoot this here.

I can confirm that I can access your store URL of www.tinytokyotoys.com on both a mobile device and a computer. I am not seeing any errors or issues loading the page, which suggests that the issue is not completely widespread, and may be related to a specific device or setup. I had a look at the DNS setup on your store using this free online tool, and it appears that it is set up correctly, so I don't believe the issue is likely to be DNS related.

Have you noticed any trends or patterns when it comes to this error? For example, is it related to specific devices such as Android/Apple, a specific browser like Chrome/Firefox etc. Other things to look out for would be the location and internet service provider (ISP) of the affected people, as this would help to identify possible similarities.

For the moment, I would suggest trying a full cache & cookies clear as @Brian_S has suggested. You can read about how to do that using this resource here. Testing this on multiple different browsers, devices and internet connections would all be valuable troubleshooting steps also.

Feel free to try the above, and then let me know how it goes!

Rick | Shopify 

Denise28
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi @Rick, can you help me to check my DNS setting as well? Does everything look right there? Now my page shows the error of "There was a problem loading this website
Try refreshing the page.If the site still doesn't load, please try again in a few minutes.". I have tried different browsers ( Safari, Chrome, Firefox), cached cleaned, on laptop and on mobile, with wifi and with cellar data. None of them works.. The DNS setting was updated 3 days ago, the old setup was removed, the new one added,  since then everything had been working till now. Please help to check, thank you!

TyW
Community Manager
451 63 1206

This is an accepted solution.

This topic has been locked due to age. 

For assistance in future please post a new topic as well as reviewing shopifystatus.com

TyW | Online Community Manager @ Shopify