Is a continuous translation app subscription needed for multilingual functionality?

Ibra1
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi, Do I need to keep my translation App subscription in order to keep multi language working properly or I can cancel subscription and keep everything working well?

Reply 1 (1)

Blair
Shopify Staff
1813 253 219

Hey @Ibra1,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! I'm happy to provide some guidance with selling in multiple languages, to get this resolved. To provide some context, enabling multiple languages can be achieved through addition of a translation app from the Shopify App Store or a CSV File. I recommend checking out our Selling in Multiple Languages documentation for more information on the setup process. 

In the case you are utilizing a third-party app, it will need to remain on the storefront to continue translating as desired. Additionally, there are a few other requirements in order to successfully display multiple languages, which include:

• A Shopify plan that provides the option to sell in multiple languages.
  • A theme that's compatible with selling in multiple languages. All the free themes from Shopify are compatible. You might need to update your theme for it to be compatible with selling in multiple languages. If you're using a third-party theme, then you can contact your theme developers to check if it's compatible.

• A theme that has a language selector. If you're using another theme or an older version of the theme, then you can add a language selector using the Geolocation app by Shopify.

Please let me know if you have any other concerns!

Blair | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog