Unable To Translate Text In Collection Page

Yung1
Visitor
2 0 0

ÖVERSÄTT.PNG

I am trying to translate the whole store. Everything has worked fine in "Edit language" or in the Theme editor. But this text "ALL COLLECTIONS" I cant find anywhere where i could translate this. I assume its somewhere in the code in collection-template.liquid or theme.liq . 

Thanks.

Replies 5 (5)

Elias
Shopify Staff
2771 274 483

Hey, @Yung1.

Elias here with Shopify Support. Thank you for reaching out.

I understand you're trying to change the title for All collections, which should be available through the Language editor. However, if that isn't working, then it looks like we may need to change it through the coding for your theme. That said, which theme are you currently using?

Depending on your theme, it may look something like this:

06-30-42500-97598

If you're using a Shopify-supported theme and your store is subscribed to a plan, then this is something that our Theme Support team can help you with. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit the Shopify Help Center and log in to your account to create a support request.

For third-party or custom themes, we'd recommend getting support for your theme through the theme developers as we're not best equipped to assist with the third-party coding. 

I'd love to know if this can help point you in the right direction. Let me know!

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Yung1
Visitor
2 0 0

translate.PNG

That is translated but still the same. My theme is District. 

Elias
Shopify Staff
2771 274 483

Hey, @Yung1.

Thank you for following up!

It looks like you're editing the correct fields in the Language editor; however, there may be a translation error in the theme's coding. Since you're using a third-party theme developed by Style Hatch, I'd recommend reaching out to them directly so they're made aware of this issue and assist you with it. You can contact their Support team directly here.

I'd love to know if their Support team can assist you with this issue. Keep me posted!

PolkupyöräTori
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi! 

I have also this one field I cannot find to translate. My theme is Dawn.

I found the Page title of the Collections -page (which shows on the tab heading), but not the heading-text, as of now... 

Should I also maybe contact the theme-writers on this?

Collections on the web page.JPG

Collections translation.JPG

Elias
Shopify Staff
2771 274 483

Hi, @PolkupyöräTori.

Thank you for joining the thread and posting this question!

It looks like you've already translated most of your store using the Language editor, and you're looking for help with translating the title for the All collections page. I've taken at the Dawn theme in my test store and it looks like there isn't a translation available for the title on this page - I was only able to find one translation for Collections and it applies to the Checkout & System category. 

Since the Language editor isn't able to translate the title for this particular page, then it looks like we'll need to access your account in order to help you submit a customization request to our Theme Support team. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you with this customization request through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit the Shopify Help Center and log in to your account to create a support request.

That being said, I've taken a look at your store as well and I think it looks great! I'm excited to see that you're using a nice variety of sections and you've added resources for your customers in the footer. Many merchants find removing the "Powered by Shopify" message can add to the professionalism of their store - would this be something that interests you? Also, have you considered using something like Shopify Inbox to chat with customers live on your store?