Solved

Use separate bank accounts & Analytics for int. shops

QuestionByAlex
Tourist
6 0 1

Hi there,

I have a question regarding internationalization:

Scenario:

I am currently operating a shop within the UK (language: english / currency: pounds). Now I want to extend my business to Germany (language: german / currency: euro).

So far so easy. But now it gets a bit tricky because...:

• ...I want to use two different bank accounts where my earnings are going to (a British bank account for the UK website, a German bank account for the DE website)
  • ...in the Shopify Analytics section I would like to have a split between both shops so that I can see its performances separately 

My question is:

What would be the best set up for this? Setting up two completely independent stores? Or can I do this within one Shopify account?

Thanks a lot in advance 🙂

Accepted Solution (1)

Olivia
Shopify Staff
1698 146 305

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @QuestionByAlex!

Welcome to Shopify Community. My name is Olivia and I work here.

Thank you so much for connecting with our network and sharing your question. I'd love to help you figure out what the best setup for your business is.

In theory, if you were using Shopify Payments and on the Shopify Plan or higher then you can use one store to:

The only drawback to this solution is that payouts would occur to the same bank account regardless of which currency the payment was transacted in. If this is a dealbreaker for you, then you must create a secondary Shopify store to connect the second bank account.

There's a couple of different options here for you to explore, but I trust you will find this information helpful.

Let me know if you have any further questions around this.

Warm regards,

Olivia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 7 (7)

Olivia
Shopify Staff
1698 146 305

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @QuestionByAlex!

Welcome to Shopify Community. My name is Olivia and I work here.

Thank you so much for connecting with our network and sharing your question. I'd love to help you figure out what the best setup for your business is.

In theory, if you were using Shopify Payments and on the Shopify Plan or higher then you can use one store to:

The only drawback to this solution is that payouts would occur to the same bank account regardless of which currency the payment was transacted in. If this is a dealbreaker for you, then you must create a secondary Shopify store to connect the second bank account.

There's a couple of different options here for you to explore, but I trust you will find this information helpful.

Let me know if you have any further questions around this.

Warm regards,

QuestionByAlex
Tourist
6 0 1

Hi @OL 

thank you so much for your answer 🙂 - this is very helpful and supports my thought that I would need to set up two stores.

BR,
Alex.

Olivia
Shopify Staff
1698 146 305

Thanks for following up with me, @QuestionByAlex.

I'm so glad I was able to help you out. If you have any further questions we can help out with don't hesitate to reach back out.

Warm regards,

QuestionByAlex
Tourist
6 0 1

Hi @Olivia 

I actually have a follow up question. Now that I decided to set up a new shop, I want to duplicate my existing shop and go on with the adjustments needed.

I have started the duplication and I have some problems with my theme. There have been some customizations made and it seems like these customizations are not being transferred to the new shop.

Can you tell me how to do that?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Alex.

Olivia
Shopify Staff
1698 146 305

Any code customizations should definitely be duplicated and transfer over with the theme. Can you please expand on which details specifically are not appearing in the secondary store?

I look forward to your reply,

QuestionByAlex
Tourist
6 0 1

HI @Olivia 

thanks again for your supoort - you are totally right, it seems to work (the mistake was on my side 😉 )

I have one further question (just to make sure):

Would it be possible to solve the issue with the two bank accounts we discussed above by using Shopify PLUS?

BR,
Alex.

Olivia
Shopify Staff
1698 146 305

Great question - our Plus plans definitely offer more features and customizations, however, they are still set up the same in the Admin. The only way to connect two separate bank accounts at this time, would be to use two separate stores.

Don't hesitate to let me know if you have follow-up questions.

Warm regards,