Solved

editing code

Louis007
Tourist
9 0 4

I tried to edit the code in the dawn theme so i can make my header transparent. It doesn't work. no matter what i change in the code the changes does not apply to my website. I tried the same code in the debut theme and it immediately worked. The problem is that there is also no standard theme.css in the dawm theme. I made it myself and copied the code from the debut theme css file to the dawn theme css file. Then i put this code at the bottom which i also found here :

.template-index #shopify-section-header {
position: absolute;
width: 100%;
}
.template-index #shopify-section-header .site-header {
background: transparent;
}
.template-index #shopify-section-header .site-header .site-header__mobile-nav {
background: transparent;
}

Can someone tell me where to put this code in the dawm theme so my header will be transparent? thanks in advance

Accepted Solution (1)
made4Uo
Shopify Partner
3805 713 1129

This is an accepted solution.

@Louis007 

You are in luck. I just created a tutorial for Dawn header. See here https://made4uo.com/blogs/dawn-theme-tweaks-and-trick/how-can-i-make-hero-image-the-background-for-h...

I would suggest you follow along with the video so you don't get lost

Volunteering to assist you!  Likes and Accept as Solution  is highly appreciated.✌
Coffee fuels my dedication. If helpful, a small Coffee Tip would be greatly appreciated.
Need EXPERIENCED Shopify developer without breaking the bank?
Hire us at Made4Uo.com for quick replies.
Stay in control and maintain your security by avoiding unnecessary store access!

View solution in original post

Replies 6 (6)

JHKCreate
Shopify Expert
3571 639 917

Try adding !important after the transparent text. Let us know if that works!

Did we solve your issue? Like & Mark As Solution to help the community
Should you need any direct help: contact@jhkcreate.com

Learn more about us: jhkcreate.com
Louis007
Tourist
9 0 4

Sadly that didn't work. I think the solution is in changing the sticky header like made4uo suggested. The problem is i don't know what to change in that section to make it transparent. Maybe you know. thanks for your reply

made4Uo
Shopify Partner
3805 713 1129

Hi @Louis007 ,

You have to delete or change the code in the <sticky-header> inside the header.liquid under the Section folder. The background color are being called that way

Volunteering to assist you!  Likes and Accept as Solution  is highly appreciated.✌
Coffee fuels my dedication. If helpful, a small Coffee Tip would be greatly appreciated.
Stay in control and maintain your security by avoiding unnecessary store access!
Louis007
Tourist
9 0 4

Thanks for your reply. I think you are right but i have no clue what to change to make it transparent. can you maybe paste the code that i need to import and tell me in which section i have to import it. Thanks a lot!

made4Uo
Shopify Partner
3805 713 1129

This is an accepted solution.

@Louis007 

You are in luck. I just created a tutorial for Dawn header. See here https://made4uo.com/blogs/dawn-theme-tweaks-and-trick/how-can-i-make-hero-image-the-background-for-h...

I would suggest you follow along with the video so you don't get lost

Louis007
Tourist
9 0 4

This worked great. Thanks!!