Filter by Tag in Dawn Theme

mattnz
Tourist
7 0 13

Would anyone have a method to add tag filtering via coding for Dawn 2.0 ? Step by step?

alyasghar83
1 0 0

We are a company providing all types of web solutions for any CMS-based website.

0 Likes
seb87
Shopify Partner
11 0 8

great Can you provide a performant solution for us. We want to switch to the performent Dawn Theme but Shopify ignore us

seb87
Shopify Partner
11 0 8

Now we have install the Boostcommerce App because they support the new Dawn Theme. I think this is the best solution at the moment:

Bildschirmfoto 2021-09-09 um 15.55.49.png

0 Likes
Laurie_ONeill
Shopify Partner
62 0 22

I do not want to have to pay for an app or fancy theme or pay someone to custom code something that has always been a basic feature of Shopify. I need to use it on multiple stores and cannot afford that.  I hope that someone who figures this out will share the code here so that we can all implement it ourselves. I know that if I figure it out I will share how to do it, I hope others will do the same.

mattnz
Tourist
7 0 13

I am like you Laurie, I don't want to have to pay for a monthly fee. That is why I moved to Affinity photo instead of Photoshop.

I would be ready for a one off payment, but I agree with you why having to pay for something that is already existing and just need to be turned on or implemented by Shopify doesn't make sense.

mattnz
Tourist
7 0 13

Hi Laurie,

Have you had any luck trying to sort out the Filter by Tag?

Cheers 

Matt

0 Likes
Laurie_ONeill
Shopify Partner
62 0 22

Not yet, unfortunately. It looks like it probably requires Javascript. I think the parts that have the code we need are located in 

collection-filters-form.js

Under the Assets section in "edit code". But I don't know Javascript so all that looks like greek to me!

That js part is called on in the section called 

main-collection-product-grid

Don't know if it's possible to add some other kind of dropdown there for the tag filter just using Liquid. I'm afraid all this is way beyond my ability as I usually just make small changes to existing code and don't really know what I'm doing but muddle my way through until it does what I want! Any actual coders out here who could figure this out??

Ikonity
2 0 2

Dear Shopify Team, 

I just played around a little bit with Tag Filtering it is working when using it like this:

<shopurl>/collections/<collection_name>/<tag>+<tag>

But not when using it with the Standard Filter Query than the Tags are ignored:

<shopurl>/collections/<collection_name>/<tag>+<tag>?filter.v.price.gte=&filter.v.price.lte=&filter.p.vendor=12DAG&sort_by=best-selling

Do you have any Solution for this?

I also tried it with the old parameters like ?constraint=<tag> or  ?f=<tag> .

It would be great if you can add support to Tag filtering again!

All The Best

Matthias

bredowmax
Explorer
67 1 86

For now, my workaround is to use the new Product Option filters (may need some work on updating your inventory), and if tags are still needed, include them inside Automated Collection definitions. Still not perfect, but it covers majority of use cases.

I’m very hopeful that Shopify will fix this issue by allowing Metafield filtering by end of the year… then I don’t care anymore about tag filters