Help changing some "DAWN" theme features.

simoXzaki
4 0 0

Hell everyone !

I’m completely in love with the recently added theme « Dawn » and I would love to ask some questions and request some help if possible before switching.
Please let me know if there a way to :

1. Make "Sale" label showing sale percentage instead of just « sale »
  2. Make the add to cart button takes people to checkout directly ( without external apps )
  3. Inside the collection list , I need to show 2 collections per row in the mobile view instead of one collection per row.

Looking forward to hear back from you !
Ps : i'm trying to keep my store confidential for the moment.

Thank you in advance !

Replies 4 (4)

PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
6274 573 1318

In the future if your trying to do it for free you can get better solutions by keeping posts to ONE feature at a time ,and showing the code or research that's been done so far.

For this many changes merchants can contact me to buy theme customizations tailored to their situation below is just general info.

Most all of these are covered in different forms throughout the forums for other themes , research those posts to fill in the blanks below.

To add a percentage saved to the sale badge start with the following around chunk in the sale badge code around line 92 in the snippet price.liquid

{% if target.compare_at_price > target.price %}
  {{ target.compare_at_price | minus: price | times: 100.0 | divided_by: target.compare_at_price | money_without_currency | times: 100 | remove: '.0'}}%
{% endif %}

Note that is for the current target, you may want to use things like compare_at_price_max,etc to contrast against all variants.

Direct to checkout is handled by enabling Show dynamic checkout buttons that create Buy Now buttons.

PaulNewton_0-1630885351616.png

@simoXzaki wrote:
  1. Inside the collection list , I need to show 2 collections per row in the mobile view instead of one collection per row.

The design of 1 item per row has been thought through by a team of experienced designers.

Instead of cramming more into less just let the design breath and leave space for your content.

There at 2 "collection list" features: either the section, or the resource template used for the /collections page.

For the section If you want to minimize the height the section uses then turn on the slider feature.

Or change the css class grid--1-col to grid--2-col in the section collection-list.liquid in the slider component.

Save time & money ,Ask Questions The Smart Way

Confused? Busy? Get the solution you need paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com

Problem Solved? ✔Accept and Like solutions to help future merchants

Answers powered by coffee Buy Paul a Coffee for more answers or donate to eff.org

simoXzaki
4 0 0

Thank you so much for your reply, will make sure to post feature by feature in the future, i know very little about code & i don't know what should i show exactly.

For now i'm still struggling with the sale badge, the code line seems to be different from what i have here in dawn

PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
6274 573 1318

Dawn is open source if need you can reference the exact lines for the current sale badge

Add the code around this area of code:

https://github.com/Shopify/dawn/blob/main/snippets/price.liquid#L94 

Answers powered by coffee Buy Paul a Coffee for more answers or donate to eff.org

PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
6274 573 1318

@simoXzaki wrote:

Thank you so much for your reply, will make sure to post feature by feature in the future, i know very little about code & i don't know what should i show exactly.

Making good problem statements that are clear and stay to singular topics has nothing to do with code , it's for problem solving in general.

It has to do with your time and other peoples time and avoiding confusion in tangled threads that end up with multiple tangents.