Hi

Holland1966
Visitor
3 0 0
Hi
i have a new store that i am trying to design . I am finding it hard and frustrating that my collections i am creating do not seem to appear on my home page is this an upload issue ? I have followed the videos and instructions . Also is it me or is it tricky trying to create drop down lists for your products i thought this would be more simple but it isnt
help appreciated
Andrea
Reply 1 (1)

Lulu
Shopify Staff
911 87 223

Hey, @Holland1966!

Lulu here from the Shopify Support team. Thanks for reaching out here, and I'll be more than happy to help you out.

First of all, welcome to Shopify! Starting a new store is always an exciting time, what sort of business are you building?

There are a few possible reasons why you're not seeing your products appear. The first would be if you have multiple collections and the incorrect one is linked in the Navigation. You can double-check which collection it is under Online Store > Navigation. Then select your menu and the menu item. The information will appear here.

2019-10-gmzxv-1flsf

In this spot, you'll also see the option to filter the collection by tags. Make sure any tags you add in here match up with the tags you have on your products that you want to see. Any products that don't have tags matching what is typed in here won't appear.

Another possibility is that your products aren't set to be available in the Online Store. You can check that within the product pages here.

29-29-4edza-akhgi

Creating drop downs involve going to 'Online store > navigation' and sliding the menu items under each other. Have you checked this video in particular? It walks you through all the steps you need to create drop-down menu's, You can also use an app like these ones here to make it easier to build your navigation.

Hopefully one of these solves the issue you're experiencing, please let me know if you have any further questions!

Don't forget to check out our Shopify Academy, we have so many free short courses that are really informative. You can enrol at any time here!

Kind regards,

Lulu

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution