Install online store 2.0 App block on merchant shop automatically

sabelard
Shopify Partner
11 0 4

Hello,

We would like to reduce the number of step a merchant need to install our apps. For this we would like to be able to install our Storefront 2.0 App block into a merchant theme automatically.

Do you provide any way to inject the App block automatically in an Online store 2.0 theme?

Replies 4 (4)

Phillip_Malboeu
Shopify Partner
21 2 19

Hi @sabelard, it's not automatic but perhaps the "deep linking" feature could help: https://shopify.dev/apps/online-store/theme-app-extensions/extensions-framework#simplified-installat...

sabelard
Shopify Partner
11 0 4

Hello,

Thanks a lot for this link I didn't knew we could do this. But I'm trying to make an `app block` which is not compatible with deep link sadly.

The issue is the more click a customer have to do to install the app the more customer will drop before finishing the install that's why I would like to be able to propose a basic automatic install of the App block for our customer.

testakidev
Visitor
2 0 0

@sabelard @Phillip_Malboeu 

Hi there!

I am looking for the answer to a similar question as you had. Could you please let me know if you've found an answer? Is it allowed for the app blocks to automatically be installed to Online Store 2.0 themes? 

medinaobralija
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Hello, 

Any updates since then? 🙂