Is 'Sections Everywhere' available yet?

Ben31
Trailblazer
195 8 141

Hi There,

We'd been tracking development of sections everywhere but am now seeing conflicting posts - some suggesting it's gone back to the drawing board - does anyone know where it's at currently?

We've been holding off a site re-design (for almost 18 months) until this feature is ready but are starting to get desperate.

Any info on the status of this feature would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Replies 14 (14)

Elisha4
Tourist
3 0 3

I'm in exactly the same situation, so keen to hear the response from Shopify

eyasiya
Excursionist
17 1 7

does anyone know where it's at currently?

We've been holding off a site re-design (for almost 18 months) until this feature is ready but are starting to get desperate.

eyasiya
Excursionist
17 1 7

AliReviews
Shopify Partner
773 89 353

Really hope to hear some good news about this Sections Everywhere next week 😄

- Was my answer helpful? Please hit Like or Mark it as solution!
- Ali Reviews - The must-have Shopify app that empowers you to effortlessly collect, display, and manage product reviews.
- Start your FREE trial today!
Ben31
Trailblazer
195 8 141

Was there any news on this?

I remember being rubbished out of the forums 10 years ago for wanting content layout - "Why would you want that?" 

Web design is actually content design so any ecom platform worth its salt needs content design/layout tools - the Template paradigm for content design is long-outdated.

Ben31
Trailblazer
195 8 141

Bump.

Is there a place to find info on the current status of development?

Jean_Baptiste1
Tourist
6 0 4

Capture d’écran 2021-03-02 à 12.56.31.png........... I think they live on another planet than us, or in another space-time.
I did not see anything appear in 2020.

timd
Shopify Expert
121 6 74

It would be really nice to have some kind of communication on this. I've got a number of clients who I promised this to in 2020 and its embarrassing being this far into 2021 and have zero insight into where Shopify is at with this. It's hard to be appear as a Shopify Expert when I'm seen to be completely in the dark about such a key and highly anticipated feature.

Ben31
Trailblazer
195 8 141

Agreed.

Farok
Excursionist
31 0 6

Still waiting. I had big plans for 2021 with this. Almost switched to WP. It's incredibly frustrating. 

Ben31
Trailblazer
195 8 141

I really can't find any info or discussion on this  - has it really gone back to the drawing board?

Rockethouse
Shopify Partner
4 1 4

100% agree, we're in the exact same boat.

Jean_Baptiste1
Tourist
6 0 4

Same for me. The announcement was made in June 2019 for a release in 2019.

I waited before redoing my shop, again and again. Finally, I had to spend money to redo my shop in February 2020 while waiting to be able to redo it definitively. Then in a recent post, the release was finally announced for 2020. Still nothing. It really makes you want to go and see elsewhere. I will do a store on prestashop. It's a shame and covid is no excuse for the delay and lack of communication. It would have been wiser not to announce anything.

MaxDesign
Shopify Expert
186 13 73

Bump.

I agree as well. What kind of communication is that? You said at Shopify Unite "we promise we'll keep you in the loop", but nearly 2 years have passed and I see this topic is completely ignored. No move is a bad move, this doesn't look good. Please consider informing the partners who are devoted to grow with the platform.

Reach out to me at admin@maxdesign.expert