Solved

Motion Theme Style cannot be changed?

Louislin
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi guys i´ve been having an issue regarding shopify´s motion theme style setting. I changed it at first from classic to minimal, and tried changing it to elegant it just stays as the classic theme, anyone know how to solve this?

Thanks for your help! @Archetype @paul_archetype 

Accepted Solution (1)
Imogen
Shopify Staff
1485 182 268

This is an accepted solution.

Hi again, @Louislin!

Thanks for getting back to me with all of that information. 

By the sounds of things, there could be an error here with the theme's coding but I do want to ask for a bit more information from you. 

If possible, please provide me with a screenshot of when you try to change the theme style in your theme editor to each different style type. So for example, a screenshot of when you click to change from 'Classic' to 'Minimal' and a screenshot of when you try to change from 'Classic' to 'Elegant'. There are often subtle differences between theme styles so I just want to cross-reference what you see when trying to change styles with what I see when doing so in my own store. 

Hope to hear from you soon! 

Imogen | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)

Imogen
Shopify Staff
1485 182 268

Hi there, @Louislin

Thanks for reaching out in the Community today! This is a great place to come whenever you have a question about your Shopify store or anything else Shopify related. 

I appreciate you filling us in on the situation here. I downloaded a trial version of Motion to my store and tested swapping between the theme styles. The functionality worked for me with no issues so I just have a couple questions here to see if we can pinpoint a cause for what you're experiencing: 

• Are you trying to switch the style in a trial version of Motion or in a paid version of Motion? 
  • Were you able to successfully change the style from Classic to Minimal without issues? Just looking to confirm this piece of information.
  • Have you downloaded a trial version of the theme to your store and tested switching the styles in that fresh download? If switching the styles works smoothly in the newly downloaded trial version, this could suggest a problem with the theme version your working on. 

I'll keep my eyes peeled for your reply, Louislin. Speak to you soon! 

Louislin
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi Imogen,

thank you so much for the quick response!

below are answers to your questions 

• Are you trying to switch the style in a trial version of Motion or in a paid version of Motion? 
    • Paid version
  • Were you able to successfully change the style from Classic to Minimal without issues? Just looking to confirm this piece of information.
    • No, i have issues changing classic to any other themes. 
    • In fact, I've tried tested in other themes. It worked fine when I tried changing the debut theme styles. 
  • Have you downloaded a trial version of the theme to your store and tested switching the styles in that fresh download? If switching the styles works smoothly in the newly downloaded trial version, this could suggest a problem with the theme version you working on. 
    • I've tested in the newest theme version, it still didn't work. 
Imogen
Shopify Staff
1485 182 268

This is an accepted solution.

Hi again, @Louislin!

Thanks for getting back to me with all of that information. 

By the sounds of things, there could be an error here with the theme's coding but I do want to ask for a bit more information from you. 

If possible, please provide me with a screenshot of when you try to change the theme style in your theme editor to each different style type. So for example, a screenshot of when you click to change from 'Classic' to 'Minimal' and a screenshot of when you try to change from 'Classic' to 'Elegant'. There are often subtle differences between theme styles so I just want to cross-reference what you see when trying to change styles with what I see when doing so in my own store. 

Hope to hear from you soon!