Release Date for this update?

Abid_SL
Excursionist
43 1 7

Hello! I would just like to know when this update will be released.

I am really excited for this update. A heartfelt thank you to everyone in Shopify ❤️

Replies 5 (5)

Liam
Shopify Staff
2731 297 760

Hi there @Abid_SL ,

Glad to hear you're excited about this update to online store- thanks for getting in touch 🙂  While the new theme architecture, new theme editor and new app extensions are available for testing in the partner beta (all needed info in this forum post), there is no confirmed date for when this will be available for merchants. However, we'll be keeping this subforum updated with all announcements related to the new Online Store Design Experience. 

Cheers,

Liam Griffin

Shopify | Partner Education

Liam | Developer Advocate @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

Abid_SL
Excursionist
43 1 7
Cant wait!

RickCurran
Shopify Partner
2 0 2

Hi, I'm also really keen to know when these updates will roll out. I need the ability to use sections in product pages like yesterday! I'm currently building my first every Shopify site for a client project and the inability to use and manage meta fields without the aid of paid-for (somewhat flaky) third-party apps and still ending up with quite a poor editing experience has been a major stumbling block for me in trying to use Shopify for this project. These updates will make a HUGE difference in the viability of Shopify, so having some kind of estimated timescale would be very useful to know. I'm currently faced with having to implement features using "old" methods that will require re-doing sometime later this year, so it would be great to avoid having to do the work twice.

Thanks!

Liam
Shopify Staff
2731 297 760

Hey @RickCurran 

Great to hear the new themes architecture will help you build a more robust store for your client. Right now, there is no exact date finalized for the merchant launch of the new online store design experience, but in the meantime you can test out your specific use-case with sections on product pages on a developer preview store. Then once this is available outside of the beta, later this year, the process for recreating this on your clients store will be easier than starting from scratch. 

You can keep track of the updates over on our developer changelog, or keep tuned to this subforum. 

Hope this helps,

Liam

Liam | Developer Advocate @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

RickCurran
Shopify Partner
2 0 2

Thanks @Liam, yep, I've played around with the developer preview and the support for sections in product pages is exactly what I need, I just wish it was available right now 🙂 I've got a workaround in the meantime so I will hopefully have an opportunity to do a revamp later in the year (client budget allowing!).