Remove Page Table Borders Dawn Theme

jimmybkc
Visitor
3 0 1

Hi all,

I wondered if I could have some assistance please? I am currently adding a table on one of my store pages (Dawn Theme).  I am doing this using the pre-loaded table function located in the pages section. At present the faint grey table borders are visible and I would like to remove these entirely. 

Does anybody know how I can remove table borders please? I have very little design experience so simple instructions would  be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jim

Replies 8 (8)

RJ54
Tourist
3 0 1

I would like to know as well!

reefeco
Visitor
1 0 0

Looking for this solution as well... 

AntheaM
Tourist
5 0 3

Very keen to know too! 

Have been playing around with this for a while and cannot figure it out. 
Cheers

BakerK
Visitor
1 0 7

Table borders can be switched off within the base.css file

Theme > Edit Code > Assets > base.css.

Around line 530, you'll find default table settings - 'table:not([class])'. There's a border and box-shadow value of 0.1rem. If you find these and set them to 0 leaving everything else as it is, this will remove the visible borders whilst retaining all other table formatting.

*@Jimmybkc / anyone else newer to dipping into the code, always worth copying and pasting the code as you first find it into a desktop notes doc before making any edits so you've always got an untouched backup if you need to roll back to original settings

AntheaM
Tourist
5 0 3

Ah amazing, thanks so much for that. 
I changed the 530 line to 0 and that took out the inside borders of the table. There was another setting on line 524 for the 'box shadow' that I changed to 0rem and that fixed it. 

Really appreciate your help with that. Has been annoying me for so long. 

culturedandi
Tourist
4 0 1

This solution worked for me as well—Craft Theme. Thank you so much!! 🙂

INDISHAJeanine
Shopify Partner
4 0 0

Hi, in my Assets there is no base.css Do you knowhow to remover table lines in this case? IMG_9663.JPG

JayEncinares
Visitor
1 0 0

Thank you so much for this! just wondering if there is a way to only apply this changes to specific page?