Solved

Sale tag

Letsa
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello. I am using Dawn Theme in the online store. While trying the app for discount tags, I accidentally deleted the app I liked. I can't find the app and the discount I entered to try is still in the online store. Can I delete the discount tag and find the app causing it?

Screenshot_20220425-153301_Chrome.jpg

SC
Accepted Solution (1)
AlohaAkahai
Shopify Partner
68 3 25

This is an accepted solution.

You can change it. It uses the Accent-2 color in Theme Settings. Beyond that, you need to add bit of CSS code and add the css identifier to badge. I have done this already myself. I use the sale badge as a way show Discount Percentage between Compare and Price. 

View solution in original post

Replies 7 (7)

AlohaAkahai
Shopify Partner
68 3 25

You will need to edit the code for the Dawn template. 

Look in Card-Product.liquid under Snippets for this code

{%- if card_product.available == false -%}
<span class="badge badge--bottom-left color-{{ settings.sold_out_badge_color_scheme }}">{{ 'products.product.sold_out' | t }}</span>
{%- elsif card_product.compare_at_price > card_product.price and card_product.available -%}
 <span class="badge badge--bottom-left color-{{ settings.sale_badge_color_scheme }}">
{{ 'products.product.on_sale' | t }}</span>
 {%- endif -%}

And add {% comment %} to beginning and at end{% endcomment %}. You can remove these later if you decide you want it back.

{% comment %}
{%- if card_product.available == false -%}
<span class="badge badge--bottom-left color-{{ settings.sold_out_badge_color_scheme }}">{{ 'products.product.sold_out' | t }}</span>
{%- elsif card_product.compare_at_price > card_product.price and card_product.available -%}
<span class="badge badge--bottom-left color-{{ settings.sale_badge_color_scheme }}">
{{ 'products.product.on_sale' | t }}</span>
{%- endif -%}
{% endcomment %}

Next step is goto price.liquid under snippets; 

{%- if show_badges -%}
<span class="badge price__badge-sale color-{{ settings.sale_badge_color_scheme }}">
{{ 'products.product.on_sale' | t }}
</span>
<span class="badge price__badge-sold-out color-{{ settings.sold_out_badge_color_scheme }}">
{{ 'products.product.sold_out' | t }}
</span>

And add {% comment %} to beginning and at end{% endcomment %}. 

{% comment %}
{%- if show_badges -%}
<span class="badge price__badge-sale color-{{ settings.sale_badge_color_scheme }}">
{{ 'products.product.on_sale' | t }}
</span>
<span class="badge price__badge-sold-out color-{{ settings.sold_out_badge_color_scheme }}">
{{ 'products.product.sold_out' | t }}
</span>
{%- endif -%}
{% endcomment %}

Furthermore, Sale Tag is default behavior of Shopify when you use Compare Price and Price fields together.  Whenever the Compare Price is Greater, Shopify treats Price as a Sale Price.  

Letsa
Visitor
2 0 0

Thank you very much.

Can I change color Sale tags?

SC
AlohaAkahai
Shopify Partner
68 3 25

This is an accepted solution.

You can change it. It uses the Accent-2 color in Theme Settings. Beyond that, you need to add bit of CSS code and add the css identifier to badge. I have done this already myself. I use the sale badge as a way show Discount Percentage between Compare and Price. 

Joegr7
Excursionist
50 0 5

Hi AlohaAkahai 

I did apply this code and is working perfectly. I have an issue with the SOLD OUT badge, it is removed too. How can I add it back as it is important to show sold out in the grid. Thanks 

visceralhome
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi! I need help with this too- I just want the sale badge removed while leaving the cross out price viewable and all the CSS I’ve found deletes the sold out badge too- anyone know how to just delete the sale badge from main page+ collection pages?? 

AlohaAkahai
Shopify Partner
68 3 25

If the sold out badge is gone then you don't have badges set to be shown in preferences. 

The code {%- if show_badges -%} checks if you have it turned off or on. 

Zonelysm
Visitor
2 0 0

Where do I check this I removed my sales tag and it removed my sold out tag on all my products how do I bring it back to my collections page?