Storefront Filtering in 2.0 with multiple values

shopio24
Tourist
3 0 10

Hi Community, 

collections filters in Store 2.0 are great.

But is it possible to assign two values in one metafield filter, so the same product appears when filtering for value 1 and value 2?

Example: Filter "Hair type". Shampoo X has a filter value "dry hair" AND "curly hair"

Replies 6 (6)

BS777
Visitor
1 0 1

Any chance you figured out a work-around for this?  I'm having the same issue with the storefront filtering not being a valid substitute for group/tag filtering. 

I've read other posts that a comma in the single-line metafield will store as a split ("dry hair, curly hair"), but seems like Shopify never finished the code in the API to make it work.  I'm hardly an expert but there's gotta be a way to make this work how they say it should work.

shopio24
Tourist
3 0 10

my understanding is, that the comma separator is related to the URL parameter. so there is no way to implement this with built-in Shopify instruments for now. I had to use an app, which supports both, metafields and tags as filters.. Hopefully Shopify developers will resolve this soon!

Pedro_73
Shopify Partner
28 1 14

Hi there, what app did you use ? thanks

Mathi94
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi,

Wich app did you use please ?

shopio24
Tourist
3 0 10

there are quite many different apps. I have tested several and decided to go ahead with https://apps.shopify.com/product-filter-and-search

The most important feature is that it can deal with both, tags and metafields at the same time.

It can group different values of a filter option, which helps a lot on bigger catalogs. 

They also can optionally replace product cards on collection pages. The idea is great, but the predefined templates could be improved. Also the quick shop popup style is not really finalised. 

But the filter functionality is exactly what we have expected

KuznetsEnvy
Shopify Partner
38 0 10