Theme customizer doesn't support editing product or article template?

axis80
Shopify Expert
23 1 9

I'm using the latest version of the Dawn theme installed from the theme store.  In the theme customizer, when I change the dropdown menu at the top to "product" or "blog post" (article) those options are greyed out and I can't make edits to those templates.  

According to the code at https://shopify.dev/apps/online-store/verify-support#requirements, both of those templates have support for sections everywhere and contain @app blocks, so it ought to be possible to add my app blocks to them, but I can't even edit them.

Anyone else having similar problems?

Replies 3 (3)

PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
6274 573 1319

Try and download a new copy and check that.

Beyond that you may need someone to take a look at the store theme in the admin.

Save time & money ,Ask Questions The Smart Way

Confused? Busy? Get the solution you need paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com

Problem Solved? ✔Accept and Like solutions to help future merchants

Answers powered by coffee Buy Paul a Coffee for more answers or donate to eff.org

axis80
Shopify Expert
23 1 9

Yep, I just installed a fresh copy of the theme about an hour ago 😞

PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
6274 573 1319

Try clearing your browser cache, or private browsing mode, or a different device to rule out your current computer setup.

If that doesn't do it contact me at paull.newton+shopifyforums@gmail.com with store url and i'll send a request to take a look.

Save time & money ,Ask Questions The Smart Way

Confused? Busy? Get the solution you need paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com

Problem Solved? ✔Accept and Like solutions to help future merchants

Answers powered by coffee Buy Paul a Coffee for more answers or donate to eff.org