Solved

Uploading CSV files to Shopify

starkandco
Visitor
3 0 2

I am in the process of migrating my daughters Wix store over to Shopify... I am trying to transfer her contacts... I am getting "Missing Header" error.  I exported the csv and tried imported it straight to Shopify.  I also tried importing it to Google Sheets and then importing to Shopify... Same error.

Can anyone help with this?

File info attached.

Accepted Solution (1)

AvadaCommerce
Shopify Partner
3879 839 955

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @starkandco 

Thank you for your question.

I'm sorry to hear about the problem you are dealing with.

You can get the "Missing Header" error if your CSV file has one of the mistakes below:

• Extra space bar or character in one of the header fields.
  • Semi colons replaced the commas in the file that are meant to separate columns therefore the required headers were not being detected.
  • When you import customer profiles, your CSV file must be in UTF-8 format.
  • You can only import customer CSV files that are 1 MB or smaller, do not exceed 3,000 contacts per import.

You can consider downloading the Shopify template file again, use the first row from that and add your data underneath it ( should paste as Text). I'm attaching the sample file here in case you need it.

I hope that you could find this answer helpful.

banned

View solution in original post

Reply 1 (1)

AvadaCommerce
Shopify Partner
3879 839 955

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @starkandco 

Thank you for your question.

I'm sorry to hear about the problem you are dealing with.

You can get the "Missing Header" error if your CSV file has one of the mistakes below:

• Extra space bar or character in one of the header fields.
  • Semi colons replaced the commas in the file that are meant to separate columns therefore the required headers were not being detected.
  • When you import customer profiles, your CSV file must be in UTF-8 format.
  • You can only import customer CSV files that are 1 MB or smaller, do not exceed 3,000 contacts per import.

You can consider downloading the Shopify template file again, use the first row from that and add your data underneath it ( should paste as Text). I'm attaching the sample file here in case you need it.

I hope that you could find this answer helpful.

banned