Clarity & Checkout Extensibility

syodev
Shopify Partner
13 0 2

Hi!

After we updated to the Checkout Extensibility update, we cannot see any recordings anymore on our checkout compared to when we were doing it with the checkout.liquid. I have added the tracking code on the Order Status Page Scripts but it still doesn't record the Checkout Pages other than the Thank You Page. Is Checkout Extensibility blocking Clarity(Heatmap)?

Replies 5 (5)
SBD_
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1602 227 334

Hey @syodev 

Depending on how Clarity integrate with the checkout it's possible they're not compatible with the upgraded checkout - please reach out to them to confirm / see if they can become compatible.

Scott | Developer Advocate @ Shopify 

CharlesV83
Tourist
3 0 2

If Clarity is compatible, where would the tracking code be added in order to pass data to Clarity? My store has the same issue. The Clarity code is in our theme.liquid header and in the order status page add'l scripts. Is there a way to add the tracking code to the rest of the checkout without an app or pixel (which don't seem to exist yet)

marcoswata
Shopify Partner
118 10 30

@CharlesV83 have you ever found a solution for this please? Thanks

If my answer was helpful then please Like and Accept Solution 🙂
If you need help with design, development or marketing your store, contact me!
CharlesV83
Tourist
3 0 2

So far nothing, unfortunately. I will reply to this thread as soon as I hear of a solution that works!

From the Clarity Support Team:

"Thanks for using Clarity. This is known issue. All users who upgrade to the new Shopify pixel are facing the same issue with their checkout data.

We are checking with Shopify how can we solve this issue. Unfortunately, there are no workarounds or temp solutions for this issue."

Buildingslivin
Visitor
1 0 0

@CharlesV83 

We have the same issue. Did you found a solution?