Custom font added via custom CSS to Shopify Dawn Theme does not show to customer

Solved

Custom font added via custom CSS to Shopify Dawn Theme does not show to customer

Madan-Jewellers
Tourist
4 0 3

Hello, I have added custom font to my store (Big John Pro) using the custom CSS option in Shopify Dawn theme. I can see the changes in the live view but my customers cannot. They still see the old font style/type. Any help is appreciated!

I have more screenshots but my store's email, phone and address is visible in them, and I'm not sure if attaching them here would break any policy/rule.

Screen Shot 2024-07-04 at 4.02.23 PM.png

Accepted Solution (1)

Liam
Shopify Staff
2807 310 805

This is an accepted solution.

Hi Madan-Jewellers,

Have you added the .woff font files to the /assets directory of your theme? These will need to be added to the theme so that they are applied to the styling of your store. The second half of this YouTube video walks through a method for achieving this. 

Hope this helps!

Liam | Developer Advocate @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

View solution in original post

Reply 1 (1)

Liam
Shopify Staff
2807 310 805

This is an accepted solution.

Hi Madan-Jewellers,

Have you added the .woff font files to the /assets directory of your theme? These will need to be added to the theme so that they are applied to the styling of your store. The second half of this YouTube video walks through a method for achieving this. 

Hope this helps!

Liam | Developer Advocate @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog