Solved

How to apply a video in dawn theme to one page/product

Baileyatk13
Excursionist
14 0 3

Hi, I'm making my new store on dawn theme and I noticed when I use a certain section it applies to all pages. I added a video to my product page but I don't want to apply it to all products, is there a way I can change this to only apply to a certain product/page that I want to.

Thanks for the help in advance, I have linked the current website below. 

https://co0j76i146q4djxw-52709687486.shopifypreview.com

**UPDATE: I noticed that if I put an image/section on a page it applies to all pages besides the home page which I don't want to do. Is there a way I can customise each page individually? 

Accepted Solution (1)

Sheesh_b
Shopify Partner
512 112 116

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Baileyatk13 

To add different content on each products you can create product templates according to usage of collections like for watches you can create a separate template which can be used to show the video section common for watches.

Under theme customization select products and then create a new template for product type.

We're here to simplify website creation for those looking to establish a strong online presence. Book a meeting slot if you want to discuss. It's FREE. BOOK NOW | Try Shopify for $1 for 3 Months: Shopify Trial | Shopify Web Store Developer |
LIKE or mark as ACCEPTED SOLUTION

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)

Sheesh_b
Shopify Partner
512 112 116

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Baileyatk13 

To add different content on each products you can create product templates according to usage of collections like for watches you can create a separate template which can be used to show the video section common for watches.

Under theme customization select products and then create a new template for product type.

We're here to simplify website creation for those looking to establish a strong online presence. Book a meeting slot if you want to discuss. It's FREE. BOOK NOW | Try Shopify for $1 for 3 Months: Shopify Trial | Shopify Web Store Developer |
LIKE or mark as ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Savior
Shopify Partner
537 108 161

@Baileyatk13 

Hello 

The best and clean way to setup different contents to different products is use of Metafields. It solves your problem by Just adding a Metafield type checkbox and you can add that condition that in which ever product the check box will be true the required section/video will be shown else it will not.

Regards

Twinkle

If helpful please like and accept as solution. DM for any queries.

banned
SpotterJ
Shopify Partner
67 1 17

This is the way.

Learning something new every day