Making pictures smaller with the dawn theme

Making pictures smaller with the dawn theme

mstav2u
Excursionist
21 0 1

Someone had answered a question a while back about making pics smaller within the dawn theme, but I'm wondering about the ones on the homepage?  What code and where do I put it to make my images smaller because they are huge right now. Not real computer smart here, but if I am given a code and I get an explanation where to put it, I can usually figure it out. Thanks in advance.

Marilyn

Replies 5 (5)

Sheesh_b
Shopify Partner
514 113 117

Hi Marilyn

We know there are many sections we can create using down theme but can you tell us which section you're talking about. Website URL can help us to find the best solution we can provide.

We're here to simplify website creation for those looking to establish a strong online presence. Book a meeting slot if you want to discuss. It's FREE. BOOK NOW | Try Shopify for $1 for 3 Months: Shopify Trial | Shopify Web Store Developer |
LIKE or mark as ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mstav2u
Excursionist
21 0 1

URL is mtcreationsjust4ullc.com and I am trying to make the pictures on the homepage and the listings a bit smaller because they seem to overpower the screen?  Thanks.

Marilyn

WoodyDev
Shopify Partner
578 115 192

in your component-card.css you could set the .card-wrapper to 

.card-wrapper {
    color: inherit;
    display: flex;
    flex-direction: column;
    position: relative;
    text-decoration: none;
    width: 75%;
}

that should shrink the images for you. You can change the width property to a size you like

Woody, 29, Stafford, UK | If I helped you out, mark it as the solution and drop me a thumbs up! | This is just a hobby for me, not my full-time job, so tips are greatly appreciated! paypal.me/woodybruh | Developer for AimShop.com | Owner of WoodyDevelopments | Try the best Shopify page builder
mstav2u
Excursionist
21 0 1

Thank you and will this shrink the images when the customers click on the item and go into the listing to view it?  In other words will it shrink all the images throughout my store with this code?  Thanks in advance.

WoodyDev
Shopify Partner
578 115 192

No Problem!

It should shrink all images that use that class which was changed in the CSS, if it doesn't, let me know and i'll be happy to provide some CSS to make that happen for you 🙂

Woody, 29, Stafford, UK | If I helped you out, mark it as the solution and drop me a thumbs up! | This is just a hobby for me, not my full-time job, so tips are greatly appreciated! paypal.me/woodybruh | Developer for AimShop.com | Owner of WoodyDevelopments | Try the best Shopify page builder