Solved

Native Address Validation on Checkout

syodev
Shopify Partner
13 0 7

Hi!

I saw a post on one of the FB Communities, for Shopify Plus, I joined that there is already an available native address validation on checkout that is now available to merchants that use Checkout Extensibility. Any Shopify Devs or staff that can confirm that this is true? We are currently using an app and would like to know if we can already use the native feature if it's true that it is already available. Thanks!

Accepted Solution (1)

Liam
Shopify Staff
2731 302 783

This is an accepted solution.

Hi Syodev,

Address validation is now supported out-of-the-box to all Shopify merchants that are using Checkout Extensibility, and this is a native feature so no separate checkout extension is required. However this is a very new feature (shipped two weeks ago) and right now only US addresses are supported but this will be expanded soon. 

Hope this helps!

Liam | Developer Advocate @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 7 (7)

Liam
Shopify Staff
2731 302 783

This is an accepted solution.

Hi Syodev,

Address validation is now supported out-of-the-box to all Shopify merchants that are using Checkout Extensibility, and this is a native feature so no separate checkout extension is required. However this is a very new feature (shipped two weeks ago) and right now only US addresses are supported but this will be expanded soon. 

Hope this helps!

Liam | Developer Advocate @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

syodev
Shopify Partner
13 0 7

Hi Liam! 

Thanks for confirming! I haven't seen this one in action though. Is the native address validation better compared to the existing Address Validation apps? Let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

sb101
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

Do you know when this will be available in Australia?

Nelly378
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

Hi @Liam ,
Was the validation extended? Does it support now Netherlands, Germany and Belgium?

mryap
Tourist
6 0 0

hi @Liam Any updates for supports in Switzerland, Belgium, Netherlands? Thanks. I have not found any updates on https://changelog.shopify.com/

reagan-flh
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Hi Liam, do you know what database Shopify uses to check addresses against? Is it Google's Address Validation or some other source?

GetAllTool
Shopify Partner
25 0 3

Hi, our app enables native checkout validation (King Checkout Validation), which checks each field according to the rules you set yourself and prevents unexpected checkout.

for example:

• Prevent Post office (PO) boxes address
  • Check if the address contains a house number / apartment number
  • Check if the number of field characters exceeds the maximum value
  • Customized keywords and regular expression checking rules
  • etc...

We've just launched our app, so if you're interested, we can offer it to you for free and we look forward to hearing your feedback!